• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body Stamping Location on a 1969 Roadrunner

D, I've never seen L5 used as a paint code in '69. I have seen 96E also used as a code.

Product Information Bulletin #9, while undated by context appears to have been released in January, indicates the color would be available in February. I have seen what appears to be a Bahama Yellow car with an SPD of 219.

Actually Doug I haven't either but the EL5 indicates that the E is the first model year (E=1969) the paint code was available. It may just be that the same color used in 1969 even though coded as 96 or 99 in 1969 was the first year available for the same colr regardless of how they coded it. It is confusing when you think about how Mopar decided these things.

I went on Thursday to take another 180 mile round trip to check the trunk rail. With the help of the measurements from Dave, (Thanks again Dave!!!!!) the owner and I mapped out the location. It took nerve but the owner ran in the house to get 100 grit sandpaper because we could not see anything. After some vigorous sanding, it was discovered to be a matching number with the vin, fender tag, radiator support, and the title.

I picked her up today. A 95 mile trip home with a smile the size of Texas. Stopped of to get her some goodies. I was going to take her to the show on Landis ave. Vineland, NJ tonight but the weather is too threatening.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_6325_1.jpg
    IMG_6325_1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_6332_1.jpg
    IMG_6332_1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_6326_2.jpg
    IMG_6326_2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_6335_3.jpg
    IMG_6335_3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_6328_4.jpg
    IMG_6328_4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 687
rivots

i dont know about the 69 b bodys but the 70s you have too pull the windshield too pull the dash when i did mine they didnt repop the rivots
i stripped another 70 rt and used that dash but i did put the correct vin on the dash before my glass guy came too reinstall the windshield and id be hard pressed too pull all the mouldings/windshield/ inside trime/ too put two rivots in/ mine are the same size painted black :icon_fU:

Nice looking car. I love that color - especially if it is original. It's too bad someone had to permantly attach that side molding instead of using the double back tape variety though. Enjoy your new wheels.

I'll bet the dash was out during it's drag race days, but they hung on to the vin tag. When they put her back on the road they found another dash, and used cheep pop rivets to reattach the tag. 45 bucks will fix that. 99 99 paint code I have seen on special order colors. I bet it,s a real roadrunner.

Black writing behind rear seat

I took out the back seat. I would like to say I was looking for the broadcast sheet, which was missing, but I locked my keys in the trunk. I saw writing in black. I am not sure if it was done at the factory or after production by a non factory person.

It appears to have a big X followed by:

VX-SP Yellow-3

Has anyone have any ideas? Would this confirm the Bahama Yellow paint?

Attachments

• IMG_6407_1.jpg
    IMG_6407_1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_6408_2.jpg
    IMG_6408_2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_6412_3.jpg
    IMG_6412_3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 608
Congradulations.... All your diligence paid off and now you have a great looking Road Runner. The numbers behind the rear seat are really interesting and would support the color, although i've never seen markings like that. COOL....!!!!!

I took out the back seat. I would like to say I was looking for the broadcast sheet, which was missing, but I locked my keys in the trunk. I saw writing in black. I am not sure if it was done at the factory or after production by a non factory person.

It appears to have a big X followed by:

VX-SP Yellow-3

Has anyone have any ideas? Would this confirm the Bahama Yellow paint?

Those numbers are not uncommon in s STL built car like yours. My car has something similar. They are factory numbers meaning that part of the car has not been painted and you can confirm the original color of the car by the surrounding area.

There was a thread on Moparts about this. The actual meaning is unknown. It was written, obviously, after the car was painted. The first X is probably an inspection mark of some sort. The VX could mean black vinyl top. SP yellow probably referrs to the color of the car. I don't know what the 3 means.

Auto Transport Service
Back