• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borgeson 800126 (Small Sector) Quick Ratio Steering Box Technical Information

BORGESON

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
Borgeson Mopar 800126 technical information.

Steering Ratio: 14:1 (3.5 Turns Lock-to-Lock).

Input Shaft: 11/16"(17MM)-36 Spline.

Pitman Shaft: 1-1/8" Mopar with 32 Splines and 4 Master Splines, M22 X 1.5 Thread.

Pressure Port: 16mm X 1.5 Flare (Located Closest to Engine).

Return Port: 16mm X 1.5 Flare (Located Closest to Input shaft).

Maximum Pressure: 1450 PSI Maximum Operating Pressure, 1100-1250 Optimal.

Flow Rate: 2.0-2.5 GPM Flow Rate Recommended.

Degrees of Rotation: +/-45.5 Each Direction of Center.

Maximum Front End Weight: 2,645 Pounds

Maximum Output Torque: 633 Ft. Lbs.

Operating Temperature Range: -40F to 248F (Big Block Applications Will Require a Cooler).

Weight: 26.46 Pounds.

MSRP: $629.00

Installation Drawing: http://borgeson.com/imageCD/800126_800127_Drawing.pdf

800126.jpg

Last edited:
Can you explain why big blocks need a cooler?

Can you explain why big blocks need a cooler?
With the location of the steering box behind the K-member and wrapped in engine and header pipes in combination with the very short fluid circuit the system will build heat. The pump itself generates heat when compressing the fluid. The short fluid circuit does not provide adequate time for the heat to dissipate before it is re-pressurized and heated again. This building heat results in a breakdown of the fluid which will turn into loss of assist. Adding a cooler provides the needed time for the fluid to cool off and provides a consistent feel at the wheel.

And if you use u Hydroboost on the same system?

And if you use u Hydroboost on the same system?
The hydroboost set up does increase the length of lines and time it takes for the fluid to get back to the pump and can aid in cooling the fluid however a cooler is always a good idea as reduced temperatures increase the life of all components involved in the system.

I am planning to install your 800126 steering box in my 1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee. This will be replacing the stock, profusely leaking, Power Steering gearbox and associated system. My car has a 383 Magnum engine with long tube exhaust headers.

I will be installing your 800126 steering box, 800338 Big Block Pump kit, 925113 Hose Kit Saginaw. In addition, I will be using the Bergman Auto Craft 2136 Mopar direct fit coupler that is designed specifically to be used with your steering box, so I don't have to shorten or modify my stock steering column.

From what I've already read in this section, I should install one of your Power Steering Cooler kits as well. Cooler kit 925125 is 2.5" x 9" and kit 925126 is 5" x 9". I'll probably go with the bigger of the two coolers. Any suggestions of where I should locate the cooler in a 1971 Charger?

Do you mind if I create a thread, in this Borgeson section, covering the progress of my installation, once it begins?

I am planning to install your 800126 steering box in my 1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee. This will be replacing the stock, profusely leaking, Power Steering gearbox and associated system. My car has a 383 Magnum engine with long tube exhaust headers.

I will be installing your 800126 steering box, 800338 Big Block Pump kit, 925113 Hose Kit Saginaw. In addition, I will be using the Bergman Auto Craft 2136 Mopar direct fit coupler that is designed specifically to be used with your steering box, so I don't have to shorten or modify my stock steering column.

From what I've already read in this section, I should install one of your Power Steering Cooler kits as well. Cooler kit 925125 is 2.5" x 9" and kit 925126 is 5" x 9". I'll probably go with the bigger of the two coolers. Any suggestions of where I should locate the cooler in a 1971 Charger?

Do you mind if I create a thread, in this Borgeson section, covering the progress of my installation, once it begins?
You should place the cooler in an area where it will be away form engine / exhaust heat and get some decent airflow. In front of or behind the radiator will work. Feel free to create a thread for all to track any questions and answers that may arise.

You should place the cooler in an area where it will be away form engine / exhaust heat and get some decent airflow. In front of or behind the radiator will work. Feel free to create a thread for all to track any questions and answers that may arise.

Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back