• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bouchillon throttle cable broke

65-440

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
So Sunday after my engine break in, I grabbed the throttle cable end to connect it to the carb and the end just fell off into my hand. It has only been on the car for roughly 1000 miles, and only had a light return spring. You can see in the picture a clean break in the braided cable. I emailed them and provided pictures and they said they won't cover it, might be installed wrong ?? I guess they don't stand behind their stuff ....

20161030_152209.jpg 20161030_151529.jpg

WTF. how much was it???

When did you buy it? That may be their stance. I also know when I buy repop or racing parts, unless it damaged or defective when I receive it....there's generally no warranty.

Last edited:
$40 I believe ... I bought it the end of 2014, but didn't get on the car until mid 2015 .... maybe I should start ordering parts when I need them instead of planning ahead ..

Been there, done that with Bouchillon. I had the same trouble with them not standing behind there products after what I think is 90 days. Randy convinced me to buy what I needed in a kit knowing that it would be months before I would be installing it. He told me not to worry about it and that they would work with me but when I needed them to work with me on a couple issues, It was "you have had it for more than 90 days so we can't help you." I think if I were to do any business with them again I would be keeping that in mind.

Yeah screw them, I've seen 40+ yr old cables hold up better. This is unacceptable, and piss poor quality. Next time I'll go lokar.....

Yeah screw them, I've seen 40+ yr old cables hold up better. This is unacceptable, and piss poor quality. Next time I'll go lokar.....

Sometimes the best way to get Suppliers to notice an issue is to go public just like you have done.
If they don't help you out, you may have saved another enthusiast from buying what is potentially shoddy merchandise.
Don't sweat the $40....buy another better cable = Lokar has worked well for me in the past. :thumbsup:

I just replaced my 48yr old OEM cable this summer with one from Classic .The original wasn't broke, but I decided why tempt fate.

Sometimes the best way to get Suppliers to notice an issue is to go public just like you have done.
If they don't help you out, you may have saved another enthusiast from buying what is potentially shoddy merchandise.
Don't sweat the $40....buy another better cable = Lokar has worked well for me in the past. :thumbsup:
Trust me, the $40 is not the issue. The fact that it failed so early is my problem. I'm going to try to fix it with a new crimped end, If not then a new one it will be !

Trust me, the $40 is not the issue. The fact that it failed so early is my problem. I'm going to try to fix it with a new crimped end, If not then a new one it will be !
Go to a motorcycle or a bike repair shop and get the cable and ends only a few bucks!

Randy, yes he is not the most helpful service guy. I used the stock throttle cable and the bouchillon kickdown. The kickdown is made in Mexico but it is very simple and functional, has been on the car for five years no problems and is dead easy to install. I get pulleys from them but that's about it.

Auto Transport Service
Back