• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought a pretty clean '66

Nice score on your Hemi Belvedere! ...and everybody says all the good cars have been picked up already. A few years ago, I was invited to inspect and confirm a 1966 Hemi Belvedere II up here in Ontario. It was a December 1965 build and had the HP2 emblems on the front fenders. What surprised me most was that the long side trim moldings were all chromed die cast pieces. I expected to see stainless or anodized aluminum. I see you have some of the moldings removed from your car. Are they die cast as well?

You’re killing me!

In all seriousness, I’ve seen pics of that car before - the blue line bias plys with the Ansen torq thrusts are pretty uncommon.

But could be wrong...

Those are Belvedere II hub caps I believe Satellite have spinners.
I have a set of 4 with spinners .
Just would like to pick up a better set if the price was right. Or even 1
or 2 spares.
As im not sure they will ever end up on the car while I own it

Nice score on your Hemi Belvedere! ...and everybody says all the good cars have been picked up already. A few years ago, I was invited to inspect and confirm a 1966 Hemi Belvedere II up here in Ontario. It was a December 1965 build and had the HP2 emblems on the front fenders. What surprised me most was that the long side trim moldings were all chromed die cast pieces. I expected to see stainless or anodized aluminum. I see you have some of the moldings removed from your car. Are they die cast as well?

The very rear pieces are die cast (both sides) & the rest are stainless. Here's one on fleabay...

s-l1600.jpg

That is a nice ride.. I really like it! I do see one problem... The state hasn’t taxed you for taking it out of Il.? I’m just teasing .. You hit a home run!

It's got a few holes drilled in the door jambs and it's completely smegatized underneath, but although it's a mess, it has preserved the underside. Whoever applied it went completely crazy with it as they drizzled it in behind all of the body moldings as you can see here...

View attachment 1207000

I removed all of the moldings last week and cleaned it with mineral spirits...

View attachment 1207002

View attachment 1207003

View attachment 1207004

I didn't get off all those heavy drips because that stuff had eaten into the paint after all these years and I didn't want to remove the paint.

The electrical tape on the decklid is to cover the drill holes for the PLYMOUTH letters. Apparently, that was a factory mistake & the electrical take was the cure.
They did the same thing on 67 coronet rt’s , if you remove the truck finish panel you will find the tape.

Wow I was not expecting to see something like that I'm blown away !! Thanks that is really cool ride ......

I was going to the MCACN show in Chicago & it came up for sale here (in our classifieds) a week before the show. The car was also in Chicago, so I made arrangements to see it & struck a deal. The original owner sold it in 1975 with (I'm told) about 16,000 miles on it. The son of the 2nd owner put it up for sale after his father passed last summer. He only put on 7,000 miles in 45 years. I actually traced down the original owner through the certicard & talked to his wife on Friday. He was running errands at the time. I just wrote him a letter and am sending a bunch of pictures to him & I hope that he responds with some history for me.
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing!

Nice aquisition, RC! :thumbsup:

Interesting rainbow on the third member.:bananaweed:

Beautiful car - nice a forum member picked it up from the for sale postings.:thumbsup:

Playboy sticker sealed the deal, didn't it?

Auto Transport Service
Back