• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boy has the Mighty Mopar market taken a "dive"?

IMG_4560.gif

Well I’m thinking anytime you see the word Hemi thrown in there some people automatically think it’s a big money car when it fact who knows why it brought the money it did. A lot of hidden factors there for sure but the color definitely isn’t helping it any.

must be the reruns of that auction airing on Motortrend TV
yeah or when it goes across the stage,
no money left in the room, if you're on the docket later in the day,
especially on early days in the auction

seen a few decent deals, early days of the docket
& a few outright overpriced cars/Mopars too, midday people in a frenzy
get caught up in the hype, 2-3 guys in pissing contests,
just need 2 people (or shills) on the phones, that really want it,
there & already approved & credited, even to have a bidders #,
takes two tango/they're all there to buy, it's the ultimate captured audience,
with coinage, & 1/2 of them, with a drink in hand :drinks:
This was the recent Kissemee FL Auction
CRAZY!
Chevy trucks are skyrocketing...
Can not believe what these guys are paying
seen some cheap Mopars
( Record and watch all the auctions BUT Barrett-Jackson is ridiculous!)

a buyers market ? time to stock up on cheap and project cars !!!

Maybe the colour brown was a turn-off???
I know first-hand how brown can be a polarising colour..... my '69 back in the '80's...

Passengers were on the rum the entire journey. :lol: That rest-stop has been flattened now and is unrecognisable.
img106.jpg
img110.jpg
img105.jpg

Cambridge? And I'm guessing that the guy sitting on the hood is singing 'Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes', and the other guy is doing the moves.

Last edited:
Cambridge? And I'm guessing that the guy sitting on the hood is singing 'Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes', and the other guy is doing the moves.
Oh so close.....it was just south of the Rottenrua turn out of Tirau. Melded back into farmland and bypass roading now. Really hard to pinpoint that exact spot, even though I used to pull over there all the time when heading south. It was an easy pull-in, and easy exit back in the day.

And it was more of a drunken elephant walk than a Romper Room sing-a-long. :lol:

There was also an A-12 RR at Kissimmee that went for $70k. Made me wonder is there was something not kosher with it.

Why, wouldn't someone prefer paying $99k for a late 70's Pontiac TRans Am turtle slug, rather than a REAL muscle car ? Or, $110k + for a rot-bucket K5 blazer or a crap on wheels Ford Bronco ?

Just a guess, most people from Gen X on down have no idea what a Road Runner is.

Most people from Gen Y on down grew up in SUVs not cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back