• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake bleeding gizmo

Doing this method, does that mean you don't have to bleed the master beforehand?

Yup, install it dry... Keeps the mess to a minimum... BTW Set the cap on the M/C while pushing fluid through the system or it might spray up through the return port of the master when you first get to that point.... After theres 1/2" of fluid it just causes a low geyser in the bowl but when it's empty it can be like Old Faithful...

So I guess the rubber valve under the seat in the master doesn’t really do anything? I hear some people leave them out

Well, I tried the revers bleeding & no matter how much I pumped fluid into the wheel cylinders, nothing would make it into the master. I ended up disconnecting the lines and bleeding the master, then pumped fluid from one wheel cylinder (front and rear) until fluid came out the (still disconnected) lines at the master. Then I reconnected the lines to the master and bled each wheel conventionally, with the aid of Submit pumping the brake pedal. Had I just bled the master and then bled the system one wheel at a time the conventional way, I think that I would have been better off because any fluid I pumped into the bleeders ended coming back out anyway once the upstream air in the lines came through.

Well, I tried the revers bleeding & no matter how much I pumped fluid into the wheel cylinders, nothing would make it into the master. I ended up disconnecting the lines and bleeding the master, then pumped fluid from one wheel cylinder (front and rear) until fluid came out the (still disconnected) lines at the master. Then I reconnected the lines to the master and bled each wheel conventionally, with the aid of Submit pumping the brake pedal. Had I just bled the master and then bled the system one wheel at a time the conventional way, I think that I would have been better off because any fluid I pumped into the bleeders ended coming back out anyway once the upstream air in the lines came through.

That is very strange... I've been using the reverse fill method for at least ten years & have never had an issue or even briefly thought I should go back to the old way..

You didn’t accidentally have the master cylinder lid clamped down did you?

Best brake bleeding tool for an empty system ever....

View attachment 1051792

Don't even put fluid into the master cylinder, bolt everything together dry then start in the right rear & pump about ten squirts in through the bleeder screw and tighten the bleeder... Then move to the left rear & pump until fluid shows up in the master cylinder...

Then move to the right front... And pump til you just see fluid show up in the master cylinder.... Move to the left front & repeat... Top off the M/C... Go drive the car, your done...
....I'm totally doing this.....

Auto Transport Service
Back