• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake system issues remain - next steps??

Status Update 5/15:
4 - The brand new (but aftermarket) wheel cylinders can't be swapped side to side of course
I was unaware that there is a left and right side drum wheel cylinder. Is this due to being aftermarket, or are STOCK Mopar wheel cylinders specifically intended to be mounted on one side only? If so, how do you tell which side a cylinder is supposed to be mounted on? They both look the same to me. I have 10” drums in rear only.

I was unaware that there is a left and right side drum wheel cylinder. Is this due to being aftermarket, or are STOCK Mopar wheel cylinders specifically intended to be mounted on one side only? If so, how do you tell which side a cylinder is supposed to be mounted on? They both look the same to me. I have 10” drums in rear only.
Yes, there's two different front wheel cylinders - due to the bleeder screw location being different.
The spindle is such that the bleeder is cocked forward on both sides to clear it enough to be accessible.

Auto Transport Service
Back