• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake warning dash location?

74Runneer

Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
I have a 74 Road Runner with rallye gauges and the brake warning light is just hanging out behind the dash not plugged into any socket. Where is supposed to be plugged into? I don't see a spot for it?

Mine also has a blue rubber sleeve over the brake warning bulb, is that factory?

Found it, right smack dab in the middle of the gauge cluster... right behind my tach...

Just in case. Brake light is just right between both big gauges openings on cluster, and socket is plastic, with two wires ( blue and black ) carrying a #57 bulb. Is the only plastic socket since it needs to be isolated from housing being constant positive and turned on by negative.

IMG_1132.jpg

No blue rubber sleeve for it since brake lense is red. The rubber sleeves are used for cylinder shaped bulbs such as ashtray light. Can't recall any other bulb using the blue rubber sleeve on our cars. With the ashtray light exception, rest of bulbs related to cluster ilumination ( dimmer controled feeded by an orange wire ) use a blue lense on housing or cap.

Last edited:
I can't recall right now if the Heater/AC control unit uses a blue rubber lense too for the face lighting... or not

Auto Transport Service
Back