• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bridge rebuild

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
In my little town of Walpole MA, the state started rebuilding a short two lane bridge (one lane in each direction) almost a year and a half ago and to date half of it is built. Take a look at the completion date that's cast into the poured concrete on the finished side of the bridge. Don't kill the job. :rolleyes:

Facebook.JPEG

Well they are thinking ahead.
The "Big Dig" didn't go so well either for the good people of Massachusetts.

I used to regularly go through the Lehigh Tunnel.
A few years ago a truck driver died when a conduit fell down and came right through the poor guy's windshield.
It was always a good feeling seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel".
Literally
1668451995483.png

In my little town of Walpole MA, the state started rebuilding a short two lane bridge (one lane in each direction) almost a year and a half ago and to date half of it is built. Take a look at the completion date that's cast into the poured concrete on the finished side of the bridge. Don't kill the job. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1373095
There’s also a project between Burlington and Billerica Mass where they are widening the Middlesex Turnpike for roughly a 1mile stretch. Been about 10 years now and still not finished.

View attachment 1373095
As long as the workers don't put up a mail box, you'll be alright!! LOL

There’s also a project between Burlington and Billerica Mass where they are widening the Middlesex Turnpike for roughly a 1mile stretch. Been about 10 years now and still not finished.

That’s why the unions are loving our newly passed "Millionaire’s Tax". Desantis had a bridge between the mainland and Sanibel island wiped out by last month’s hurricane that is 20 times larger than this piss ant bridge rebuilt in two weeks. These unionized state “workers” and their bosses are the laziest people in the country. The old union saying is “don’t kill the job”. That’s code for S L O W it down as much as possible. Look at how long it takes them to sandblast a steel girder bridge over I-95. MA is also in the top three states for how much it costs per highway mile. It’s disgusting. Here’s an interesting chart to see how your state racks up cost-per-mile ... U.S. States That Spend the Most on Their Highway Systems

I Ohio they have to build the bridge to handle traffic projected for 20 years in the future. Some of them are ridiculously large compared to the road they are on.

Commiefornia leaves signs that say “traffic fines doubled in a construction zone” for YEARS after whatever the hell Caltrans was supposedly fixing!

Already spent the funds, can't finish it (?) :poke: hope not,
but it is Masshole

That’s why the unions are loving our newly passed "Millionaire’s Tax". Desantis had a bridge between the mainland and Sanibel island wiped out by last month’s hurricane that is 20 times larger than this piss ant bridge rebuilt in two weeks. These unionized state “workers” and their bosses are the laziest people in the country. The old union saying is “don’t kill the job”. That’s code for S L O W it down as much as possible. Look at how long it takes them to sandblast a steel girder bridge over I-95. MA is also in the top three states for how much it costs per highway mile. It’s disgusting. Here’s an interesting chart to see how your state racks up cost-per-mile ... U.S. States That Spend the Most on Their Highway Systems
Sounds like you want Mitt Romney back.
:lol:

They replaced the bridge on our road from July 1st through Nov 5th. That included tearing out the old structure, digging out and clearing the river channel on both sides and building the new bridge. Also a smaller one on another road between us and town during the same time frame that opened back up yesterday.

20221103_115441 - Copy.jpg

20221103_115458 - Copy.jpg

20221103_115500 - Copy.jpg

20221103_115505 - Copy.jpg

20221103_115519 - Copy.jpg

20221103_115557.jpg

20221103_115600.jpg

20221103_115606.jpg

They replaced the bridge on our road from July 1st through Nov 5th. That included tearing out the old structure, digging out and clearing the river channel on both sides and building the new bridge. Also a smaller one on another road between us and town during the same time frame that opened back up yesterday.

View attachment 1373490

View attachment 1373491

View attachment 1373492

View attachment 1373493

View attachment 1373494

View attachment 1373495

View attachment 1373496

View attachment 1373497

And according to the link I posted (above) VT can rebuild a bridge at 1/3 the cost that MA does.

DOT and Union says it all. I am not bashing and current or former DOT or union workers. It is simply the fact of the matter.

What's orange and sleeps three?
....A DOT truck!!!:thumbsup:
Mine only slept one! Me!

Construction on the Interstate highway system began in St. Charles, MO in 1956. They have been working on it every day since.

Auto Transport Service
Back