• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bright trim removal

tvtn

Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 RR post car and I need some advice on removing the bright trim on the drip railing without causing damage. The present trim is in very good condition.
Thanks
Tom

Try and use a large piece of wood like 1x3 and tap it from the bottom using the wood and a light hammer. The large suface area of the wood combined with the softeness will help the trim not bend. One you get it started it will come off easy. Start on one end of the trim you will have to roll the windows down or open the doors to be able to tap it off.

Goos luck!!!!!!!!!

Another method beside Jason's: Use a vinyl trim removal tool...Remove the curl down trim on the end of the drip rail trim. At the rear, lightly pry up till the S/S trim with the vinyl trim tool till it's worked over the lip of the drip rail underneath it. From that point, slowly work down the line, popping it over the drip rail as you go.

I went out this morning and used your methods and the trim came off without damage! It still did not want to come off and had a black strip along the long strait section that did not seem to be sticky. Thanks again for your help.
Tom

Auto Transport Service
Back