• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

broadcast sheet with BETTER pix!

wags70ss

Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
Here are some better pix of my broadcast sheet. What can you tell me about my car?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,468
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,197
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 694
well...from just lookin at these pix...i can tell nobody ever had the back seat out of your car.

First thing you want to do is carefully remove the tape from the top of the sheet to see the complete V.I.N. to make sure it is from your car. Not uncommon to find sheets for other cars where the V.I.N. is different from the car it is found in.

well...from just lookin at these pix...i can tell nobody ever had the back seat out of your car.

Thats what happens when you find an original car with 22,000 on it! LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

First thing you want to do is carefully remove the tape from the top of the sheet to see the complete V.I.N. to make sure it is from your car. Not uncommon to find sheets for other cars where the V.I.N. is different from the car it is found in.

Thats not tape. Its the glue that the tape was stuck with & it wont come off. This sheet is for my car.

You still think that car really only has 22k miles on it. Man, that's funny. :) Actually most sheets that come out of the backseat look pretty good regardless of the mileage. Backseats just don't get as much use as the front seat, and most backseat sitting is done by kids. You're lucky the sheet wasn't under the front seats as it would be ripped up, show curvy rust marks from the springs, etc.

Here's a link to a site with a lot of the codes on it: http://papentastars.tripod.com/id21.html. You can probably see what codes are where by looking at the sheet in person better than we can from looking at pics. The sad part is there's no pics that'll tell you what some coded item looks like, so you might need to do some cross checking.

By the way, if I'm looking at that sheet right, your car was originally B5 blue, and that paint that's on there now is definitely not B5 blue, so none of the paint on the car, including the engine bay, trunk, etc. is original. That engine bay looks all nice and original, but it's been disassembled, repainted (nicely by the looks of it) and reassembled. So if you were using the condition of the bay as one of your considerations that this is a 22k car, you might want to rethink that. :)

You still think that car really only has 22k miles on it. Man, that's funny. :) Actually most sheets that come out of the backseat look pretty good regardless of the mileage. Backseats just don't get as much use as the front seat, and most backseat sitting is done by kids. You're lucky the sheet wasn't under the front seats as it would be ripped up, show curvy rust marks from the springs, etc.
exactly. ive pulled sheets out of 122,000 mile cars that looked that good

You still think that car really only has 22k miles on it. Man, that's funny. :)

You asked for my build sheet & I gave it to you. Focus on that. Not your opinion. I really dont care what you think about my car. Lets stop beating that dead horse.

No B1 blue originally. So exterior color is right. You were given excellent advice here but still don't like hearing the real facts.
So let's see, rebuilt engine and trans 9 years ago, oil and filter never changed.
I sure that " Appraiser" told you exactly what you wanted to hear.
Just look at the dash bezel, dash pad, package tray and top of backseat that told a story. too:edgy:

The VON on the sheet matches the picture of the tag he posted in the other thread. The BS is for the car.

Here's a link to a site with a lot of the codes on it: http://papentastars.tripod.com/id21.html.

Use caution...your car was built at the Windsor plant (R) and not all codes from that plant will match up with codes posted on line. for some reason, Windsor used some odd coding, specifically, the F series, that do not match American built car codes.

What can you tell me about my car

HB1 exterior, blue vinyl bench seat interior, black vinyl top. Interior decor group. 318 with A/C, column automatic, 8.25 rear end, 3.21 gears. Disc brakes. Tinted glass. AM radio. Rallye Wheels. Dual exhaust with chrome tips. Came with 3 gallons of gas.

The VON on the sheet matches the picture of the tag he posted in the other thread. The BS is for the car.

Use caution...your car was built at the Windsor plant (R) and not all codes from that plant will match up with codes posted on line. for some reason, Windsor used some odd coding, specifically, the F series, that do not match American built car codes.

HB1 exterior, blue vinyl bench seat interior, black vinyl top. Interior decor group. 318 with A/C, column automatic, 8.25 rear end, 3.21 gears. Disc brakes. Tinted glass. AM radio. Rallye Wheels. Dual exhaust with chrome tips. Came with 3 gallons of gas.

Thank you. Thats the information I was looking for. What code is "3 gallons of gas"?

- - - Updated - - -

No B1 blue originally. So exterior color is right. You were given excellent advice here but still don't like hearing the real facts.
So let's see, rebuilt engine and trans 9 years ago, oil and filter never changed.
I sure that " Appraiser" told you exactly what you wanted to hear.
Just look at the dash bezel, dash pad, package tray and top of backseat that told a story. too:edgy:

Well just so you know - and Im not interested in more opinions - I have talked to 3 previous owners of the car, including the gentleman that bought it brand new - he is 96 years old & still remembers it - & my beliefs are coming to light with the information I am getting from them so dont discount something just because you think you are some kind of expert when you are looking at pictures. There are plenty of reasons to rebuild the engine & trans & repaint a car that is 40 years old no matter what the mileage. Every car tells a story & I will find mine. I dont need opinions based on a picture, I need facts & information from those that were there & know what happened. Thats what I will believe. Thanks.

Thank you. Thats the information I was looking for. What code is "3 gallons of gas"?

- - - Updated - - -

Well just so you know - and Im not interested in more opinions - I have talked to 3 previous owners of the car, including the gentleman that bought it brand new - he is 96 years old & still remembers it - & my beliefs are coming to light with the information I am getting from them so dont discount something just because you think you are some kind of expert when you are looking at pictures. There are plenty of reasons to rebuild the engine & trans & repaint a car that is 40 years old no matter what the mileage. Every car tells a story & I will find mine. I dont need opinions based on a picture, I need facts & information from those that were there & know what happened. Thats what I will believe. Thanks.

I could care less if you like what I say butt... Don't get all pissy if everyone isn't of the same opinion you are.
I don't come here asking for opinions and then cry foul as you have, Oh and I am some kind of expert since I can read a fender tag and a broadcast sheet myself.

I never asked for opinions. I asked for advice. Opinions are like a**holes everyone has one & they all stink. Thats why I dont ask for them. Thank you again.

And Im not being pissy. I just get sick of all the "armchair quarterbacks" that think they can tell someone "I guarantee you 100% this or that" just by looking at a picture. I could look at pictures of your Duster & say crap about it all day but you dont want my opinion, you want advice & advice doesnt insist that I am right & you are wrong. You can think or say whatever you want about my car, just dont tell me that you know more about it than I do just by looking at a few pictures. That does piss me off.

This is getting kind of old so how about we go back to the topic of this thread in the first place.

I can read fender tags & broadcast sheets too, by the way. Someone asked me to post them so I did. If you want to read them & tell me what they say great, if not I can figure it out for myself.

I subscribe to a dozen forums or more for all the cars I own & work on, & this is definitly the most negative forum I have ever been on. Doesnt really encourage new blood thats for sure.

I never asked for opinions. I asked for advice. Opinions are like a**holes everyone has one & they all stink. Thats why I dont ask for them. Thank you again.

And Im not being pissy. I just get sick of all the "armchair quarterbacks" that think they can tell someone "I guarantee you 100% this or that" just by looking at a picture. I could look at pictures of your Duster & say crap about it all day but you dont want my opinion, you want advice & advice doesnt insist that I am right & you are wrong. You can think or say whatever you want about my car, just dont tell me that you know more about it than I do just by looking at a few pictures. That does piss me off.

This is getting kind of old so how about we go back to the topic of this thread in the first place.

I can read fender tags & broadcast sheets too, by the way. Someone asked me to post them so I did. If you want to read them & tell me what they say great, if not I can figure it out for myself.

I subscribe to a dozen forums or more for all the cars I own & work on, & this is definitly the most negative forum I have ever been on. Doesnt really encourage new blood thats for sure.

Apparently you have not spent much time on Moparts. By and large we have little of that here. What we do have of it are from members here that are also members on Moparts that have joined recently that are bring their negativity Frankly I wish they would go back and keep all of it on Moparts where they roll in it like a pig does in mud.

There is nothing wrong with people responding to a thread with what they think is helpful or maybe letting someone know that they may be mistaken but they need to READ what the OP is asking and keep the answers to the specific question. This thread is a new one spilled over from a previous thread about the same car as I recall. You asked what people could tell you about the picture of the broadcast sheet and I agree That the responses should be confined to that question, not wheather or not the car is original to the stated miles.

Yep, we got a good crew around here. Mostly civil, but as with any family, you get a spat now and then, and a disagreement even more frequently.

You don't ask for opinions. You post threads about a car, you make statements, you ask questions. When people respond with answers and observations you don't like, you start bickering with them. The last thread on your car was locked due to the fact that you wrote "F*CK YOU" to Bruzilla over what he said about your car. I have been on this board for over 2 years and I've NEVER seen someone write that over a car thread. So tell you what: why don't you go back to all those wonderful sites and tell those people "F you" instead. This is the "most negative forum you've ever been on"? This forum welcomed me with open arms- a complete newbie to Mopar who knew next to nothing. People have been nothing but cool- I've had people invite me to visit their shops, offer to give me parts for free, wish me the best when I admitted personal problems. The only issues I've ever had were on the political forum, and I was part of the problem over there.

No one is forcing you to post here. Take your negative attitude, your desire to start fights with established members, and your Mopar with 22K miles and drive on down the road.

Auto Transport Service
Back