• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

That really sucks Wayne, but like others said, it surely could have been worse. I had that happen to me once 35 years ago, but luckily it was outside and I was able to get back in the car. Scared the crap out of me though. Hopefully the A-pillar post is not tweaked on your Bird. You will have to let us know how your insurance company is to deal with. Couldn't have been the Dart you were messing around with instead of that car, could it?

sorry to see both ,in the old days we would sweat clamp pads to the door an put a porta power between them and jack the panel and work the the shell and metal finish the panel and door frame back in shape and another method was we put them on a Guy Chart and pull them and work them back in shape with out mud plus another was to take the door skin off and work both separately its hard work but is what we did then ,good luck ,get that arm looked at soon

Sorry to hear this! you got three in one shot, major bummer, hope all three fix up just fine.
I know how easy it is to mess up something you do thousands of times, just stepping into my garage last week I slipped on the step going down and fractured an ankle and dislocated my shoulder. So I'm out of commission for the next three to four weeks for sure, just a stupid mistake.

Good luck, make sure your ok, the rest is just stuff (I know it's hard to call some things "just stuff" but it really is)

I guess everything that needs to be said, has been said, except I'm glad no one was standing in front of the 7up machine. It's a new day, be safe....

If you're like me, you immediately imagine yourself in the same predicament when you read tell of
an accident like this - like, you can damn near feel what Wayne has gone through (and is going through) with this.

I am so sorry you had to experience such a thing - but of course, don't get too rough on yourself
about it, as most anyone who has fooled with things mechanical surely has similar tales to tell.
Most importantly, you survived it!

It's probably best I have a 4 speed in the GTX; I don't even think of exiting the car without stomping on the
parking brake, running or not as a result. Keeps me honest - and has probably saved my arse a time or three.
That habit has spilled over into our daily drivers and such with me, automatics all of them - I still don't trust
them to hold still unless I mash the parking brake.
Wife drove the truck halfway to town with the parking brake on one day after I had been in it... but that's
another story.

Glad you're ok Wayne. The rest is only cubic dollars and elbow grease. :thumbsup:

Well I can tell you that I'm never leaving Wile E in the car alone again!! :luvplace:
WUT ??? I wasn't there ! Imposter, I say ! ... Seriously, and most importantly, glad to hear you're all right. Another door & a good blend by a good painter will easily restore that beauty.

How does a car "drop into reverse" ???

'cause those things are BIG $$$ !!!

Sorry to be making light of your situation Wayne.
Guess you've never had a sloppy 52 year old console shifter...

BTW, 7 UP machines are rarer than Coke machines. Estimated they made 3000 coke machines for every one Pepsi brand machine and 7UP ones are even rarer!

Last edited:
Holy sh*t glad you’re ok!

Sorry to see, but you’ll be able to fix that door. And you’ll find that glass insert too.

Again, glad you’re ok!

I’m a klutz also, that’s why I can’t have anything nice.

Well what needs saying that hasn't already been said? I just looked at this thread now and the first thoughts out of my brain were the same as the first guy that posted. Ouch - My heart aches for you.
i also know I'd be kickin my own *** for a while over that one until it was just time to get it all taken care of and stop. There's not a single one of us that hasn't done something similar in some way or another.

Hmmm..... Thinking about it ....I never have....Lol (Never owned a Daytona either)

Sorry to see that Wayne. Glad you survived. The other stuff is repairable (but disheartening for sure). When you get to the door paint, I recently had a very good experience with a scan of 40+ year old R4 red to create a match in a single stage enamel for some steel wheels.
The paint supplier is in SW Ontario. I realize it is a bit of a drive for you, but pm me if interested.

How does a car "drop into reverse" ???

'cause those things are BIG $$$ !!!

Sorry to be making light of your situation Wayne.
One time some years back my buddy was over at my house and when he went to leave, his battery was dead. I pulled my '70 Challenger convertible out into the street, opened the hood, and gave him a jump. We were standing there yapping after I removed the cables, when out of the corner of my eye I see my car start moseying off slowly down the street in reverse. I scrambled over, jumped in and shut it down. No harm no foul thankfully, but I still have no idea why it went into reverse by itself after sitting there idling in Park for over 5 minutes. I've had the car 25 years at this point and it's never pulled that stunt on me again. But it did give me a wake up call about leaving a car running while in Park and I'm more careful now! And hopefully seeing this thread will give others a wake up call and lead them to being cautious and perhaps prevent someone from having a future incident or accident!
So sorry to see the damage to the bird, pop machine and the arm, I hope it gets repaired soon and the arm is OK!

One time some years back my buddy was over at my house and when he went to leave, his battery was dead. I pulled my '70 Challenger convertible out into the street, opened the hood, and gave him a jump. We were standing there yapping after I removed the cables, when out of the corner of my eye I see my car start moseying off slowly down the street in reverse. I scrambled over, jumped in and shut it down. No harm no foul thankfully, but I still have no idea why it went into reverse by itself after sitting there idling in Park for over 5 minutes. I've had the car 25 years at this point and it's never pulled that stunt on me again. But it did give me a wake up call about leaving a car running while in Park and I'm more careful now! And hopefully seeing this thread will give others a wake up call and lead them to being cautious and perhaps prevent someone from having a future incident or accident!
So sorry to see the damage to the bird, pop machine and the arm, I hope it gets repaired soon and the arm is OK!
One of the many reasons I make sure the parking brakes an all of my vehicles function correctly and are utilized.

WUT ??? I wasn't there ! Imposter, I say ! ... Seriously, and most importantly, glad to hear you're all right. Another door & a good blend by a good painter will easily restore that beauty.
j'accuse.jpg

There's not a single one of us that hasn't done something similar in some way or another.
Hmmm..... Thinking about it ....I never have....Lol (Never owned a Daytona either)
Yeah, me neither....
IMG_20190508_150556020.jpg
(The garage structure is still fine BTW...) :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back