• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket Seat Identification?

terminationephx

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Would anyone be able to identify what if these seats are original seats out of a 1970 coronet 500? How can I confirm they are original? or what type of car they may be out of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_6381.jpg

Those seats match the rear seat perfectly. What makes you believe they are not original to the car? 70 was the first year for high back, one piece bucket seats. The seats should have plastic backs and 2 cast aluminum hinge covers with the seat back release button built in on the sides of the bottoms of each seat.

To the other poster. If you have those style seats in a 67 Coronet, then they are not original to the car.

Thanks... They do have the plastic. Back with button on the side. I wanted to make sure as I have seen so many variations of seat stitching patterns on the 1970 b bodies I just wAnted to make sure before I put them up for sale.

Thanks

pretty sure they are not from a 70 Coronet. I am leaning toward a plymouth seat seeing the bottoms look rather flat with little contour. keep in mind many B body seat frames are the same its the seat buns and covers that make them unique.

Auto Transport Service
Back