• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bucket seat mounting holes

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
My '70 Superbee had a bench seat, but I found a nice set of '70 B body buckets I'm going to get recovered. when you switch from bench to bucket do you use the existing holes in the floor for your outside track? it seems a little far from the door but with my interior all out it's hard to say. it looks like there are a set of dimples in the floor pan that line up perfect with the inside track if you do use the existing holes. I just wanted to know now so if I need to weld in the old holes and drill all new ones I can do it before it's painted.

The easiest way to see if the existing hole in the floor will work for your buckets is to measure the distance between the studs in you bucket seat tracks from side to side and front to back. The measure the distance from the holes to the dimples in the floors and the distance between the holes from front to back and see if the measurement is the same as the stud spacing. IF everything lines up then you should be set to use the existing holes and drill the other 4 holes in the dimples in the floor.

Don't forget to weld the bucket seat floor stiffening plates to the underside of the floors. These plates reinforce the holes in the floors to help absorb the additional stress of the bucket seats and to keep them from pulling through the floors. These plates can be found on Ebay brand new for pretty reasonable prices per set.

Joe

Yes the bolts in my outside track of the bucket seat drop right into the existing holes, and the other two line up with the dimples on the inside track. I'm not sure if the seats are the right distance from the door though using the bench seat existing holes, it looks a little too far in to me but I don't have anything to compare to.

Well if everything matches up and they still look to far away from the doors I don't know what to tell you. I have a 72 RR which will be different than your 70 Bee so I can't help you with a comparison. Maybe someone here can post some picts of there 70 B-Body bucket seat cars for comparison.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Joe

I did the conversion on my 70 RR and used the existing outer holes no problem. My brother did the same with his '71.

Thanks guys, it makes sense that the holes would be in the same place but I've lerarned not to trust logic when working on a mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back