• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buddy Seat Upholstery

wasco

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
I’m going to get some seat covers for the used buckets I’m using in my ‘68 Charger and I plan to use a buddy seat. I bought the buddy seat a while back at a swap meet and I believe it’s from a 68-70 something - the inside is stamped EX-7-67. I’d like to order extra material from the company who makes the covers to have the buddy seat match. Any idea how much material I should ask for? Thanks!

IMG_5471.jpeg

I took the cover off the top (arm rest/back rest) to see why it was crooked when laying down. I don’t know what I expected, but not that I’d need a carpenter!

IMG_5472.jpeg

I believe buddy seat covers are available, already sewn to specifically cover them.

I believe buddy seat covers are available, already sewn to specifically cover them.
True, but the material probably wouldn’t match the seat covers. Maybe it won’t matter. I’ll get the seat covers, then see if the existing buddy seat upholstery will be close enough or not.

Legendary is pretty specific about what grain patterns are available matched to years.

Also true, but I’m going with aftermarket seats and seat covers - Legendary was way more expensive and a long wait. I’m not going for year-correct matching materials. I should have mentioned that. I think I’ll just fix the hinge on the buddy seat so it’s straight up or down, then put the original cover back on (hopefully). Some mis-matched vinyl between the seats and the buddy isn’t that big a deal on a ratty car like this! Just thought it would be nice to get some extra material while I was getting covers for the new seats. I’ll take a rough measurement and add 25% - that should do it!

Auto Transport Service
Back