• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build a Charger?

I hate the Pukes of Hazard, they ruined the car figuratively and literally. I never watched the movies you're talking about except FF and I already loved the car - I didn't need the stupid BS race the train crap to peak my interest.
Character is in the eye of the beholder - 70 should have kept the black tail panel from 69.
There are certain colors that are not becoming on this body style. White is hideous, that pale yellow isn't much better and I'm no fan of orange on this car. Tor red is ok but doesn't show the body lines well. F8 may have been a popular color in the late 60's but that color does not flatter that car.
As far as unobtanium is concerned, I've seen what happened to gold and that is just a lump of metal. I'd much rather have cars.
Mopar muscle cars in general are more attractive than the Chevys or Fords. The cars mentioned like the Superbee and Coronet don't compare with the G2 Charger, especially 69 in appearance. It's night and day.
I saw the writing on the wall 8 yrs ago and started looking. Glad I did.

He may be just one guy but he has a LOT of customers. He did say a top notch car like the one you linked would bring a lot of money. He gets calls from people looking for cars and 69's are what is requested the most. There's a 69 on Ebay for $239K.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284456590252?hash=item423aef1bac:g:sfYAAOSwapZgjmTN

$129K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284461446519?hash=item423b393577:g:saMAAOSwm7xhBSuw

$110K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165089751860?hash=item26701db334:g:eaEAAOSwby5e4ZoE

Who cares what one guy thinks depends on the guy. If he said 70 was in higher demand than 69 it wouldn't matter to me, I'd still love that year. It just happens to be in demand.

$239k? Yeah right. I guess you can “ask” whatever you want.:D

I respect the 2nd gen charger but Im really not into it, I'm much more into 70 RR/GTX. I will walk right by the chargers at Carlisle, but I've always found the crown Vic 69 charger conversion really interesting because you could tear *** around with it and not really care.

My ultimate is the 71 challenger I saw one driving on the tollway in Dallas recently that was unrestored original paint and perfect. Way better look than the new 2015+ models. Now my challenge is to find a suitable e body to TA clone and do NASA/scca vintage road racing. And now the 70 challenger new chassis is no longer available. Just a dream.

I respect the 2nd gen charger but Im really not into it, I'm much more into 70 RR/GTX. I will walk right by the chargers at Carlisle, but I've always found the crown Vic 69 charger conversion really interesting because you could tear *** around with it and not really care.

My ultimate is the 71 challenger I saw one driving on the tollway in Dallas recently that was unrestored original paint and perfect. Way better look than the new 2015+ models. Now my challenge is to find a suitable e body to TA clone and do NASA/scca vintage road racing. And now the 70 challenger new chassis is no longer available. Just a dream.
Yeah I have to be honest that is one of the things that appeals to me about building a Crown Vic home built - if you ding it up or it gets hailed on or stolen or whatever you're not out much. Also that guy had it running and drivable in a few days! I wouldn't be capable of that, but I think I could get it all done in a year...And I would totally rod the crap out of it hahaha

Last edited:
And I would totally rod the crap out of it hahaha

Just took my muscle car for a drive, clear, cool evening. The feel, the smell, the SOUND of a classic muscle car is an experience that is hard to explain or duplicate. The old school simple seats, the big skinny steering wheel. Just a little bit of heaven on earth.

Just took my muscle car for a drive, clear, cool evening. The feel, the smell, the SOUND of a classic muscle car is an experience that is hard to explain or duplicate. The old school simple seats, the big skinny steering wheel. Just a little bit of heaven on earth.
I have experienced that feeling. It is awesome...

Yep.

The "look" and the "experience" are apparently NOT the same thing anymore.

I prefer them combined.

Spent the better part of the day yesterday driving the 73 around.

It's every bit as capable in traffic as a new car.

.....but WAY cooler.

Ok guys hear me out please. I'm not a body man, but I have been a mechanic for 30+ years so I don't think I'm too far out in left field.

I have this idea in my head that won't go away. I was wondering if it is possible to take an old B body and convert it to a 2cd generation Charger. I know people have done it with Coronets and Super Bees of the same era, but I was wondering if it could be done with a later model Charger; like a late 70's model (or any other car for that matter). I realize it would be major body surgery, but if you could pick up something with an interior, working gauges and a big engine already installed - and get it for cheap - maybe it would be worth it. I just want a daily driver with an exterior that has that kick butt 68-70 Charger look. I don't care what style the interior is - could look like a Chrysler Newport and I'd be okay with it. I don't care if the title says "Cordoba" just gimme that Charger exterior!

Even if it cost 20 grand it might be worth it... (AND - if it's a stupid idea, be nice to me)
Its always well worth it .

Auto Transport Service
Back