• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

build date

triggerdog1

Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
hi all.posted this on a different forum but will try it here
so a 68 roadrunner with last six of vin being 257600 can you tell the build date?
no other info to go on
thanks

Without the fender tag giving the spd you can only estimate it comparing yours to another sequence number that's close.

On my 68 Coronet, the build date code is on the bottom of the radiator support. I don't recall when the date clock started, but I researched it at the time, and mine (1928) translated into a July 10, 1968 build date... just before Lynch Road started to re-tool for the 69 model year.

July10 1968.jpg

ok.i am trying to find how that date code relates to the vin numbers.thanks

It doesn't. You aren't going to get any build date info out of the VIN number unless you just happen find someone who has a VIN a couple digits away from yours that was built at the same plant. And that' a needle in a haystack.

So upon further research, my K-frame code of "1928" means the car was assembled on the 192nd day of 1968... July 10.

On my 68 Coronet, the build date code is on the bottom of the radiator support. I don't recall when the date clock started, but I researched it at the time, and mine (1928) translated into a July 10, 1968 build date... just before Lynch Road started to re-tool for the 69 model year.

View attachment 1058451

Do you know your SPD from the tag or other document?

But that fact gave me the freedom to turn her from this...

paint000.png

To this...

20201108_125234.jpg

ok.i am trying to find how that date code relates to the vin numbers.thanks
Hello I collected hemi serial 68 roadrunner/gtx cars. closest date I can give g258936 is build date 610 bob h 708 687 1187

Auto Transport Service
Back