• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building a stroker with stock parts?

Side loading....... rocking pistons...... Are you serious... Maybe when you get below 1.5 not at no 1.7

I give up build a 440 in a 400 package.
Who said anything about rocking pistons? So, tell me again why a long rod in a short stroke engine isn't good? I don't think you read what I typed....

I Just want to make a motor that is mild with 426 cubes. I will be using stock stamped rockers, probably a set of old max wedge heads, maybe ill go crazy and buy some aluminum heads.... probably a set of 11.0:1 cast pistons, and a 484 purple shaft...... I just want the bottom end of the motor to not fly apart because i dont have the crank machined just right. The reason i am not using a 400 block is because i have had too many stock 400s over the years blow up, barely abusing them. Im using a NOS 64 383 that is still wrapped up on a crate from mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back