• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullitt Charger R/T revisited!

68 Dodge Charger in the 2003 televison series Tremors

i417326.jpg

charger1.jpg

Charger2.jpg

"What goosed him all of a sudden?" ...says one cop to the other - Movie is called "80 steps to Jonah" starring Wayne Newton.

View attachment 1393758

The guy driving the '69 Charger had stolen it, and shortly after picking up the hitch-hiker (Wayne Newton), the Charger appears to be crushed while rolling down a hill. But due to either budget restraints, or poor continuity and a desire to not scuff the brand new '69 Charger, the car that gets wrecked manages to age at least 2 years...possibly 3. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1393759

View attachment 1393760

View attachment 1393761

View attachment 1393762

View attachment 1393763

I remember seeing this movie on late night television. The cars look so much different even though they are both Chargers,that anyone can easily tell they are not the same car.

I saw the Joe Dirt car at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona some years back. Whoever owned it at the time was certainly enjoying it!
I remember seeing the car at Carlisle,he has kept it exactly like it was in the movie.

I believe this is the surviving Charger from the movie Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. It is supposedly still sitting in this condition in a California backyard. You can see on the rear quarter the dent put in the car by the intercepter police cruiser was repaired where the stripe ends on the drivers side rear quarter panel on the car in the yard. The car that hit the train was not dented on the rear quarter panel.

dmclsmashedcar2.jpg

Ndvd_537b.jpg

4545464.jpg

More pics of the Charger hitting the train. Note the lack of the Charger script,the non remote outside mirror,and the headrests that were removed during the interior filming shots because they would block the cameras,but they were reinstalled to prop up the heads of the dummies put in the car to film the crash with the train.

Ndvd_409.jpg

undamaged.jpg

1enlargedpossibleDMCLcharger4.jpg

car2-train02.jpg

Image43.jpg

Last edited:
The surviving car after being repaired and repainted. It was later wrecked again. The replaced parts on the car in the yard are from the later damage not from the film.

MY_69_DODGE_CHARGER_4ab.jpg

MY_69_DODGE_CHARGER_5a.jpg

MY_69_DODGE_CHARGER_3a.jpg

MY_69_DODGE_CHARGER_6aa.jpg

Last edited:
I estimate the number of Chargers that were wrecked in movies and television to be somewhere between 500 and 1000. These Chargers sacrificed to make the Charger the legend it is! Combine that with the Chargers racing heritage,there are few cars that can compare! The first car to break the 200 MPH barrier on a closed course racetrack! It wasn't a Ferrari,Lamborgini,Porsche,or Indy racecar that broke the 200 MPH barrier,it was a 69 Dodge Charger Daytona om bias ply tires!

dodge-daytona-1024x495.jpg

$_5776767776876876.jpg

dodge-charger-daytona.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else wonder how “Dom” seems to find these 1970 Chargers when they are in Brazil, Europe, Russia and the Middle East?
All those movies and he seems to somehow be driving the rarest of the 68-70 Chargers.

There are 2 Charger that were destroyed in the mid 80's show TJ Hooker. I think those cars were probably left over from the Dukes of Hazzard. One had high back 70 bucket seats in it.

movie charger 2.jpg

movie charger.jpg

71 Charger R/T in Vampires in Brooklyn! It seems Vampires love chargers as much as criminals trying to get away from the cops do! Although my black 71 Charger R/T named Sinister,looks more like something a Vampire would drive!

i037516.jpg

20220509_212038.jpg

Last edited:
70 Charger R/T in the 1999 movie Blue Streak,starring Martin Lawrence and Dave Chappelle.

i100883.jpg

I'm liking this thread!
I am enjoying discussing the Chargers that gave all to make the Charger the most bad *** getaway car to ever grace the silver screen! The number one choice of getaway car for criminals! They will escape the law or die doing it!

DIRTY_MARY_CRAZY_LARRY_1_0042_0016.jpg

pdvd123.9228.jpg

naamloos1yj4.4448.jpg

robs-movie-muscle-the-baddies-1968-dodge-charger-rt-from-bullitt-2022-12-10_04-01-46_191179.jpg

Last edited:
68 Charger in the Smallville television show with two familiar characters driving in it! None other than Bo and Luke Duke playing other characters!

i353353.jpg

Things are not going to end well for this Charger Funny car! The moment of silence before all hell breaks loose!

tumblr_mm2jbqVqT5757564651112qqwe4353354ggggi1rwrcx7o1_500.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back