• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullitt Charger R/T revisited!

It was used to tow the unmanned Charger,and the cable was used to release at the moment the Charger veered off into the gas station and exploded. Post #12 shows the final sequence of events!

Yet another 68 Charger that met it's fate on the silver screen,this one in the movie Grand Theft Auto.I would bet over 500 second generation Chargers have met their fate on the silver screen,329 on the Dukes of Hazzard television show alone.

rsz_1screenshot_2987654356789i8uytre79.jpg

rsz_screenshot_35ooooooooooiuu9.jpg

rsz_screenshot_2809876545678yyyy1.jpg

rsz_screenshot_2oiuiuytii8787682.jpg

Awesome movie. I thought it came out in about 73 74

Chargerverts Post 11 picture #4 looks like blue paint under where the door handle was. Or is it blue primer? LOL!
The movie production company bought two 68 Chargers from a California Dodge dealership, one was blue the other was yellow. They painted both Chargers black. That is why there is blue paint under the door handle.

The movie production company bought two 68 Chargers from a California Dodge dealership, one was blue the other was yellow. They painted both Chargers black. That is why there is blue paint under the door handle.
Any idea what happened to those cars?
The mustang went for millions.

The Charger that was blue was sent into the gas station and blown up, but the Charger that was yellow has been found and restored, but there is no documentation or records to prove the cars authenticity. It does have all the holes drilled all over the car for the camera equipment that was used during filming of the movie,.

ChargerBullitt_05.jpg

robs-movie-muscle-the-baddies-1968-dodge-charger-rt-from-bullitt-2022-12-10_01-30-26_959660.jpg

Yet another 68 Charger that met it's fate on the silver screen,this movie starring Ron Howard was called Eat My Dust.

i289599.jpg

eatdustcharger11.jpg

eatdustcharger14.jpg

eatdustcharger15.jpg

eatdustcharger5.jpg

We know what happened to several Chargers on the set of the Fast and Furious series,this was the first Charger they destroyed!

screen-shot-2019-07-12-at-2-06-23-pm-2-1562954848.png

R.png

105662.jpg

naamloos1yj4.4448.jpg

5:45 is also a great spot in the clip. You can see the small puffs from the tail pipes of the Charger when it shifts and .... walks away from the Mustang like its its job. The FE Ford is just NO match.

According to an interview I read in muscle car review they had brought the cars to a racetrack the day before shooting started,and they said the Charger literally ran rings around the Mustang! They said in the straightaways the stock Charger R/T would pull away from the modified Mustang like you wouldn't even believe. Max said he swapped the camshaft,intake manifold,carb and added headers to the Mustang,and just tuned the stock Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back