• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullitt Charger R/T revisited!

My Darling Wife, the Incredible Mrs. Haywire 440, has found the name of this John Schneider movie.

To add to @chargervert exciting, informative and fun post I think keeping it a mystery is the way to go.

Happy New Year :drinks:

That movie was called “Collier and Company”.
Besides John, the acting was very low rent. Predictable ending too. I like John so I look at it like I do most car related movies. I accept their faults because of the car action.

Nd9GcQ3MuRM4Sm6A0n_7zuc_qCuQJ1za85nqZX1Dg&usqp=CAU.jpg

General Mayhem? Is that one of yours @chargervert?

Have you heard of a ‘70 Charger R/T that has fiberglass quarter panels on it? My brother has one.

Year One used to sell fiberglass reproduction quarterpanels before steel ones were available.

Last edited:
Mike Finnigan's 68 Charger stock car. I loved the car until he put a Toyota engine in it! Hopefully Mike will put that Yota engine in the Rotsun where it belongs and put a Mopar engine back in the Charger stock car!

OIP (3).jpg

cautofoto000-Faster-with-Finnegan-Episode-5-Roadkill-Stock-Car-Racing.jpg

d596aa09-f0b7-374d-a73f-422bae567075.jpeg

barn-found-1968-dodge-charger-gets-turbo-2jz-swap-it-s-ridiculously-awesome_2.jpg

Last edited:
This 69 Charger in the 2016 movie the Tiger Hunter bears a striking resemblance to yet another Charger left over from one of the Dukes of Hazzard films

ag151.jpg

ag152.jpg

19693.jpg

19691.jpg

This 70 Charger 383 4 speed 70 Charger was featured on the television show Wheeler Dealers. After being given a once over mechanically by master mechanic Ed,with parts sourced by Mike,they took it to the drag strip where Mike turned a blistering 19 second quarter mile time and Ed turned a warp speed elapsed time of 17.8 seconds. After watching the show a couple times I realized that these British Lads didn't want to offend the Christmas Tree and took a break for a spot of tea on the starting line,to what should have been a mid 14 second capable Charger.

i441634.jpg

They butchered a real 70 Charger R/T into this in the 2000 movie The Extreme Adventures of Super Dave!

screenshot-19.7.jpg

screenshot-18.4.jpg

superdave-170.jpg

superdave-225.jpg

superdave-215.jpg

This 70 Charger 383 4 speed 70 Charger was featured on the television show Wheeler Dealers. After being given a once over mechanically by master mechanic Ed,with parts sourced by Mike,they took it to the drag strip where Mike turned a blistering 19 second quarter mile time and Ed turned a warp speed elapsed time of 17.8 seconds. After watching the show a couple times I realized that these British Lads didn't want to offend the Christmas Tree and took a break for a spot of tea on the starting line,to what should have been a mid 14 second capable Charger.

View attachment 1394460
Not quite the way it works. If it ran 17.8,,, it ran 17.8 . Reaction time is your own problem.

With a proper driver it would have ran mid 14s they left soft, left late and short shifted the car. Once you break the beam the clock is running.

i-JB2cPDZ-X2.jpg

Taken Oct 6, 2021 in Spokane, WA. My wife and I were driving down I90 when we passed these two. Freiburger had just lost a fan belt and they pulled off and parked in downtown. We managed to find them and got a chance to talk to all 4 of these guys and look the cars over.

Freiburger had finished returning the GM back to it's original form with the 440 after removing all the Hellcat stuff that had been installed by Dodge. Finnegan's car had the Toyota motor (I guess that's what it is), and he stated then he liked it much better than the original 383.

Very interesting to chat with them even for a short time!

The Charger rolled and wrecked in the first Fast and Furious movie gets a cameo shot in the 2005 movie Herbie Fully Loaded!

i019420.jpg

View attachment 1394630

Taken Oct 6, 2021 in Spokane, WA. My wife and I were driving down I90 when we passed these two. Freiburger had just lost a fan belt and they pulled off and parked in downtown. We managed to find them and got a chance to talk to all 4 of these guys and look the cars over.

Freiburger had finished returning the GM back to it's original form with the 440 after removing all the Hellcat stuff that had been installed by Dodge. Finnegan's car had the Toyota motor (I guess that's what it is), and he stated then he liked it much better than the original 383.

Very interesting to chat with them even for a short time!
That's very cool that you got to hang with those guys. They seem like genuine car dudes who appreciate the fans!

Auto Transport Service
Back