• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

buying a 440 rebuild kit

joshb1983

Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
i need a 440 rebuild kit for my 1974 440..the blocks being bored .30 over so i need new pistons. iv looked around and found a few kits...just wondering what others here have used when they rebuilt there 440s or other big blocks and which brands to go with...iv been looking at a federal mogul kit with speed pro pistons they run around $700-800..if anyone has any info that could help let me know thanks..the motors gonna be stock for the most part..

I never get a kit. I piece my own together. When you buy a kit, you're constrained to what someone else throws together in the almight name of makin a profit. Bearings, rings, gaskets and seals are usually cheap ***. When you piece your own together, you can get the top name brands that never come in a kit. Costs a little more, but it's worth it.

Auto Transport Service
Back