• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bye Bye E Town track !!

Steve, I was born and grew up in Brooklyn. Did I say ALL new Yorkers ? No. I said the ones that came over and moved near Raceway park. And yes, they are what they are. Myself, and many others I know moved from New York, and didn't squawk about the noise as soon as we moved here. But, it's the truth, the people who caused the issues with the noise were all douchebags from New York. If that bothers you, sorry. I'm a native New Yorker, and it don't bother me one bit. I appreciate your gentlemanly reply, unlike the other.
I know Rob, i get it. Theres a saying here, dont now were or how it started but its like folks from Brooklyn/Queens moved to the island and the island people moved to Jersey. Its over development and as the value of land increases this is what happens and it sucks. New Jersey is a beautiful state, forget the politics for now, that cannot be denied, but damm i wish you guys could keep your deers off our island.

This just goes along the line of 17 people I knew that checked out in the last few years.This is like losing an old friend!

8.23.14 010.jpg 11.6.16 010.jpg 7.28.13 184.JPG 81400001.jpg

I grew up at this track. My dad was a manager at Dons Speed Shop from the 70's - the mid 90's, Don's was the warehouse for all the Performance Centers of America stores in NJ and CT. Don's had a permanent VIP suite over the strip at Raceway so I had unlimited access to the Tower and I used it a lot..... For me the news is crushing, After 1 failed attempt to finish a 67 BB Dart in 2000 (Had to sell due to family issues) In 2010 I decided to get back into it with the Satellite and have been building this new car for over 7 years. Now my car is almost done (like this season done) and the track is gone. Atco and Island dragway are an hour and half away in different directions and Atco is kinda a **** hole. I haven't been to Island in 20 years so I don't know what to expect there anymore but it used to be a very small mom and pop track. Seems there keeping the property for other venues but the drag racing is no more. What a shame!

I grew up hearing that every week.We has 3 dragstrips on LI and the last one closed about 15 years ago.That's when E/town became my "home track" 75 miles away..........This really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
We are working on finding a patch of dirt to build a new track.The importance of has now increased!

That t-shirt is from the 14th annual ,this year was to be the 28th or 29th ................

1.19.13 283.jpg 1.19.13 321.jpg get-attachment.jpg IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2565.JPG IMG_2566.JPG IMG_2569.JPG IMG_2570.JPG IMG_2571.JPG IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0807.jpg
I remember being there one day when a Candymatic Station Wagon blew up a transmission while doing a burnout. Scary ground pounding of the wonderful kind. Similar.

Last edited:
I grew up hearing that every week.We has 3 dragstrips on LI and the last one closed about 15 years ago.That's when E/town became my "home track" 75 miles away..........This really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
We are working on finding a patch of dirt to build a new track.The importance of has now increased!

That t-shirt is from the 14th annual ,this year was to be the 28th or 29th ................

View attachment 561684 View attachment 561685 View attachment 561686 View attachment 561687 View attachment 561688 View attachment 561689 View attachment 561690 View attachment 561691 View attachment 561692 View attachment 561693

Are you involved in the Long Island Needs a Drag Strip group? I think the closing of E-Town makes this all the more relevant. Check them out at http://www.lineedsadragstrip.org/

Not too long from now, streetracing will be huge again. All the lawmakers will then be trying to figure out "what went wrong?" My state doesn't have a single NHRA sanctioned track... guess what? Lots of backstreet racing. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't participated in it at least once. The closest NHRA track to me is a 4 hour drive away; definetly not worth the time.
Eventhough I live approx. 100 miles from E-town, leaving at the wrong time would take 4 hours to get there. That doesn't include parking, through the gate travelor seat/pit spot time. If you didn't leave butt crack 30 early, you were ether screwed or said the hell with it and stayed home. There is plenty of back street racing here. Plenty. You just have to know where to look.

I know Rob, i get it. Theres a saying here, dont now were or how it started but its like folks from Brooklyn/Queens moved to the island and the island people moved to Jersey. Its over development and as the value of land increases this is what happens and it sucks. New Jersey is a beautiful state, forget the politics for now, that cannot be denied, but damm i wish you guys could keep your deers off our island.
LMAO! And let ne guess, no native New Jersian ever complained!

it's in a blue state,enuf said!
And then he reveals himself on how little he knows about the actual mind set but instead pokes at the political majority as the whole states thinking.

Bad move going with politics .:lol:

Lots of memories at E-Town

I remember seeing my first 300 mph pass by Bernstein the year he made that mark in Gainesville. He actually did it twice that day! Wow now that was fast. I was working with a Super Comp team and we were up right after the big boys ran. Great stuff being there and meeting those guys first hand. Sorry to see it go.

Auto Transport Service
Back