• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caliper bracket issue/help

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
With the front end being apart on my 69 Bee, front disk brake car, I discovered this oddity with the caliper bracket, looks like the mounting holes have been torched open to make bigger.

Any body have ideas or know where I can get just these brackets please, or do I need to purchase a new “something” kit? Brackets come with the spindle?

Not sure I want to keep using these f’up’d brackets. Brakes seemed to work fine for the last 12 years since I’ve had the car.

56C92323-1080-432A-AD64-77A5BCD67D8D.jpeg

13D7F540-1993-4CDD-98D8-7FD3FBFF461A.jpeg

59E90191-BAD9-46E7-86AA-E3A2D42327BD.jpeg

8E62AC39-FD55-4BF8-9715-7BA8C7A940FD.jpeg

That’s interesting, those brackets/adapters are completely different than mine and don’t appear to have the caliper mounting holes like mine do, nor the U shape where the rotor rides between.

EAE38028-2C66-4DB3-A07C-A03CECC57217.jpeg

70252D71-A04B-4B14-8446-5E5445B3BF7D.jpeg

What casting number is on it.. I have one side kicking around on the shelves that's for something..

On the one adapter I just now noticed partial numbers. Now I’m wondering if these were jerry rigged to fit since it looks like a lot of grinding has been done. Didn’t even notice before until questions started being asked.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You may have drum brake spindles, check into it. My conversion kit came with spindles that match the brackets.

Maybe those are early 70's NewYorker adapters, (maybe all C bodies, or trucks, I don't know). I've got a couple sets of these in my stash, pin type, big rotor, but the mounting holes are about 1/4" closer together than the holes on my B body spindles so they don't bolt up. But that's an interesting mod to make them fit. Not so sure I'd try that though, torches aren't calibrated.

If you have a couple days I can dig them out and try to get pics of the numbers.

Last edited:
Maybe early 70's NewYorker adapters, (maybe all C bodies, or trucks, I don't know). I've got a couple sets of these in my stash, pin type, big rotor, but the mounting holes are about 1/4" closer together than the holes on my B body spindles so they don't bolt up. But that's an interesting mod to make them fit. Not so sure I'd try that though, torches aren't calibrated.

If you have a couple days I can dig them out and try to get pics of the numbers.
You need 73-74 A-Body or 73-74 E-Body spindles to use those caliper brackets.

You need 73-74 A-Body or 73-74 E-Body spindles to use those caliper brackets.
Okay. Does the 73-74 B body use a different bolt spacing than those you mentioned for the caliper bracket? So maybe we need the measurement or part number from the OP's spindle to know what adapter he might need?

The info I posted came from Mopar Action Disco-Tech front disc brake conversion. I would they no because they would have said those would be another option. MO I did that conversion in 2002 using the parts list published .

Those do like a "I made it fit". I've done that myself many times, but NEVER on brakes. LOL

Why not show the actual calipers and rotors that were on the car. That will tell us what you need to know.

From this view, I’m not seeing a PN. Let me guess, it’s on the front?! But I’m also holding up the adapter for fitment idea.

0E8288B5-A6F0-4A01-95D7-66C17F02000A.jpeg

E6AD560C-A6B0-4A6F-9A17-4AC51F33DF7B.jpeg

image.jpg

While you're there, what's the outside diameter and thickness of the rotor? 10.75" or 11.75"

Here’s the single piston caliper

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Shame they didn't go to a machine shop to do it. Picture is the 11.75" caliper bracket.
calp.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like the big rotor, and the adapters you will probably need, if you want to keep the pin calipers and big rotors, is the difficult to find expensive ones. I've seen prices $250-$450 a pair. I do think somebody might be making them, but expensive too.

Last edited:
I’m reading the Mopar Action Disc Tech article, and my adapters measure, center of hole to center of hole, approximately 3.125”. The 3.5” puts it well outside hole center.

492E1A0F-01B1-4C2F-A2CB-7C5AD7EEC34C.jpeg

F54A9145-6ECF-4D3A-86E8-42C0D08D0D4A.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back