• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can 71 RR inner front engine compartment fenders and front frame rails be used 71 Charger?

SuperBeeFan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Have a 71 charger project that will probably need them. Please tell me your experiences with replacing them? I have access to a nice 71 RR front clip.

I figured so, but wasn’t 100% positive as I’ve heard that 71 Plymouth and Dodge B bodies had so different dimensions with front and or also back frame rails, drivelines and even the correct Dana 60 widths. Most of my experience has been 2nd gen. Chargers.
thanks for everyone’s input and feedback. This car is a factory six pack 4 speed, so want to do it correctly.

I'd get a second and third opinion, then.

Aside from the outer quarters, Door latch pillar, outer wheelhouses, and trunk extensions, and a few minor related items, the 71 Plymouth and 71 Charger are identical unibodies. You can actually convert one to the other with these parts. Every other bolt on part will directly transfer over.

Aside from the outer quarters, Door latch pillar, outer wheelhouses, and trunk extensions, and a few minor related items, the 71 Plymouth and 71 Charger are identical unibodies. You can actually convert one to the other with these parts. Every other bolt on part will directly transfer over.

Thanks FM3 Dart!
I had to wait for title issue post Covid and storage location for the work. Once I get a break in my schedule

Auto Transport Service
Back