• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a mod please explain why my post about finding rare parts was deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be on me... bee guy said he was still looking for tail lights and I showed a picture of my OE's I have. Jumps to a possible sale thread... and poof...

I’m always looking for my tape measure if that counts. I probably have 6, but they are harder to find than one owner hemi four speed anything!!!!

Might be on me... bee guy said he was still looking for tail lights and I showed a picture of my OE's I have. Jumps to a possible sale thread... and poof...
That's exactly what happened. The thread started out innocent and then when someone offers something for sale or puts out a want or need the thread then it turns into a classified thread in a non sale forum. I didn't delete it, I just removed it. If I get a chance I may clean it up with a warning and see what happens.

I’m always looking for my tape measure if that counts. I probably have 6, but they are harder to find than one owner hemi four speed anything!!!!
And think about this, your above statement is pretty innocent but as soon as someone says "hey I'm looking for a pair of those. How much do you want?" Guess what happens. A innocent thread just turned into a sale thread. We either need to edit, move, or delete it to prevent general discussion threads from turning into a swap shop. We have plenty of forums specifically for selling, buying, and trading. They are separated and in their own forum list so anyone can find them easily.

Can a mod please explain why my post about finding rare parts was deleted?

Because you're not me?

:rofl:

k=X4FlLvXhDzZRFw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nytimes.com%2fimages%2fblogs%2flaughlines%2fthehugemanatee.jpg

I have some extra tape measures ... $50. each. PM me.

Let's see what happens !!

can-a-mod-please-explain-why-my-post-about-my post about-finding-rare-parts-was-deleted

Thanks Mike, at least I'm willing to own it! Hopefully you can clean it up and get Brett's thread back in view...

Use the private conversation feature if you want to buy/sell based on something you read in a general forum.

Ok I understand now. Tough day just got back from my wife's brother's funeral only 52.. Thanks for the explanation guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back