• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can of rusty worms

Decided to insert a 6.5" speaker into the 7" frame so that I could listen to the radio. The local guy here wanted about $200 to do what I basically did in 30 minutes. Found some black mesh to cover it and installed it.

IMG_4672.JPG
IMG_4673.JPG

Threw the rear seat area parts together. Nice to see these back in the car!

IMG_4643.JPG

Scored a brand new set of MP alum covers locally for a good price. I was going to use the chrome ones I have, but the Moroso steel core gaskets I bought will not fit in them. Now I have to find a breather and PCV that will twist into the covers since both have a twist opening.

IMG_4644.JPG

After seeing Kryslerkid's thread on his '62, I got looking at my rad. It seemed to be sitting too high, so I checked it and it would have hit the hood! Glad I caught this now.
IMG_4624.JPG

IMG_4625.JPG

checking against the original rad.

IMG_4628.JPG
IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

Last edited:
Got my clips today from R/T Specialties, so I can get the trim back on. I'm hoping to start up the motor this week!

Is that a 3 speed motor? I took my 2 speed apart to fix the spring arm plate and it looked different. I also found a spare wiper motor for my stash because I wasn't sure the old one was fixable.

Feels good to fix something!

Is that a 3 speed motor? I took my 2 speed apart to fix the spring arm plate and it looked different. I also found a spare wiper motor for my stash because I wasn't sure the old one was fixable.

Feels good to fix something!

I was thinking the same thing. Mine is a 3 speed and looks different. It must be because is older?

two speed or what the manuals called variable speed back then. Can't get the intermittent/pulse to work though :D

You know what? I think mine is just a single speed. Switch on, they wipe. Switch off, they stop wiping, that's it. I cannot remember the last time I had it out in the rain lol.

Thanks Justin. I love the way your GTX is turning out. Will it ever get driven after your highly detailed work is done?
Yes and I will tell you how....my tiny Italian wife will sit in the driver seat with the windows down and I will be pushing on the rear of the car in the neighborhood, my grunting noises will mimic a poorly tuned/running V8...lol...

Honestly, it will only be run to keep things in working order......I had them as daily drivers, race cars, street race cars and cruisers....I enjoy them in different ways now......so yes it will go out on an early weekend cruise, max 5 miles round trip if that......speeds around 40-50mph...sometimes up to those speeds quick, lol....

I drive them, worst thing for a car is to sit and just run the car in a garage...the biggest problems is the junk fuels and seals. Aka rear main seal, trans front seal, and diff yoke seal it will flatten them out just enough for a drip, drip....

I despise leaks more than I despise a chip, lol...

I just read your 32 page engine swap thread. Good reading. It's both funny and painful how one thing leads to another, but you are almost there and you will feel much better knowing shes solid. And i just realized you and i are in the same neighborhood. I'll be sure to wave when i see you burning pavement. keep up the good work.

I just read your 32 page engine swap thread. Good reading. It's both funny and painful how one thing leads to another, but you are almost there and you will feel much better knowing shes solid. And i just realized you and i are in the same neighborhood. I'll be sure to wave when i see you burning pavement. keep up the good work.

It's been an educational journey to say the least! I feel good that the undercarriage is solid now and should soon be rolling on her own steam. I bumped over the other day and she fired right up just to test. Installed the t-stat & started filling it with coolant, so I hope to break in the cam any day now.
Should be fun with open manifolds!

Auto Transport Service
Back