• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone reccomend a good fitting ignition wire set for a 67 440 with headers.

LR1970

Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
I'm after a good fitting ignition wire set for a 1967 Coronet with a 440 and headers. I read the MSD set have bendable plug ends, if that's true which set is that one? I'd prefer a set with 45 degree plug ends and 90 cap ends. Or a set I can make up myself would be ok also. I'm on a bit of a budget, I would love to pay for the best but I'd prefer to stay married.

Thank you

Leigh

I just bought a new set of MSD wires with the bendable ends for about $100. I have a 68 440 in a GTX. Frankly I would have gotten a set that had shorter ends so I wouldn't of had to bend them so much. They're the 8.5mm and where you have tight spots in the engine compartment or because of the headers they make them less desirable. Good wires otherwise. Bought them on Summit Racing

Firecore50

Get them at https://www.customwiresets.com/home.php?cat=3

R&M Specialies Spark Plug Wire Looms-003.jpgR&M Specialies Spark Plug Wire Looms-005.jpg

Purchase a wire set that you cut to length.
I do every time I can. It takes a whe to lay it out, cut, install the bolt and then the end, but for me, it's worth the detail and the routing I want the wires to take.

I really like my Firecore wires. Ron

100_2346_zps61e6d324.jpg

Another msd buyer here. I got the same as listed above. Bendable ends. The wires work great but do not run as neatly as I would have liked. They're not bad but if you got the time, and want them very neat, cutting them to fit would be the way to go.

Last edited:
I bought the MSD wires with the bendable ends and couldn't throw them away fast enough, I had one that would constantly push the terminal into the boot instead of snapping onto the plug. I would be driving and all of a sudden it would start running crappy and what do ya know the dam wire fell off the plug. I bought Taylors with 45 degree boots and cut them to length and put the problem behind me (if doing this buy the correct crimpers and some silicone lube). I've heard nothing but great things about the Firecores as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back