• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you feel the air being pulled into your front grille?

Big Block & small block rotate the same direction, You have a reverse rotation fan from a late model vehicle with a serpentine belt.. And your spinning it in the standard rotation....
Ok so there is more than one 5 blade viscous fan offered it seems. Funny that when I ordered the fan I don’t recall it listing rotation direction. Looking on summit, some list it and some don’t. Thanks a bunch for that info. Was I also correct that just flipping it around won’t make it work correctly for my car?

Yep that's for spinning the other direction. I have a Derale 6-blade, used it for about two weeks (until I came across an OE 7-blade that I'm still using).
The Derale is 18" diameter, a little heavier than the viscous units but it's yours if you want it..I also have a 20" (19-3/4" actual) 5-blade viscous fan that was off an RV if I remember...it's used but other than being a little dirty it's fine. It was a tad too big for my shroud. You can have either one, free, just p.m. me a shipping address if you're interested..
View attachment 805631
View attachment 805630
Man thanks very much for that offer, that is very very kind of you. When I tried this 5 blade viscous fan it was also too close for comfort with my shroud. The detail 6 blade looks like it might work. Did you get that from Bouchillon? I was going to order theirs but don’t see it listed any longer. I will PM you. Thanks again!

Yep that's for spinning the other direction. I have a Derale 6-blade, used it for about two weeks (until I came across an OE 7-blade that I'm still using).
The Derale is 18" diameter, a little heavier than the viscous units but it's yours if you want it..I also have a 20" (19-3/4" actual) 5-blade viscous fan that was off an RV if I remember...it's used but other than being a little dirty it's fine. It was a tad too big for my shroud. You can have either one, free, just p.m. me a shipping address if you're interested..
View attachment 805631
View attachment 805630
By the way, I am currently running a 7 blade steel OEM with shroud and no clutch. How is your 7 blade fixed fan cooling compared to that 6 blade clutch fan and did you notice any Difference in HP and/or cooling between the two?

By the way, I am currently running a 7 blade steel OEM with shroud and no clutch. How is your 7 blade fixed fan cooling compared to that 6 blade clutch fan and did you notice any Difference in HP and/or cooling between the two?
Flipping one over doesn't change the airflow direction, but it will work better one way as opposed to 'flipped'.
The derale fan was from Summit, I didn't really notice a difference in it's performance but I'm using a hayden clutch with the 7-blade.

Thanks for the 6 blade clutch fan Lloyd! Much appreciated.
joe-dirt.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back