• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Members

64 DODGE 2013 TN small.jpg

Just coming off the line at St Thomas last October...

I saw the posts from people in specific states looking to see who else was from the same state but that gave me a bit of a different idea...

There seems to be a fair bit of Canadian's on the board so great for everyone to chime in and say where they're from but I thought there might be another use to this thread. We all share the same problems that on our side of the border prices are much higher and we get killed with customs. There may be some opportunity out there for us to help each other get better deals or save on shipping. I.E. multi-person or group buys and or Canadian's in border states who keep an address state side to assist in picking up and re-shipping from Canada to avoid brokerage fees... not sure if this is something anyone is willing to do but I know I'm tired of getting murdered with shipping, customs, brokerage etc...

Oh and to start off the thread I'm originally from Northern Ontario (Just outside Sudbury) Have lived Downtown Toronto for several years and now reside in Guelph, Ontario

Mike

Not sure where to start with this without it turning into a rant!

See my thread from 2012...http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?25715-Anyone-else-tired-of-UPS-s-crap-RANT...or not.

Anyway....just a few quick thoughts as to what I do living in Calgary, and living within a few hours of the border...

1. I always use USPS whenever possible, a little slower, but way cheaper and no brokerage fees. Not great for large items for sure, but if it's not over-sized, works great.

2. If I have to use a courier, use Fed-Ex. They have no brokerage fees.

3. I use " At The Border Storage" in Sweetgrass MT for sending shipments as a U.S. address. I always do this for multiple shipments. They have very reasonable rates so I can leave stuff there for about $20 a month. I'll take advantage of free U.S. shipping to that address. Then, once I have all my parts collected there, I make a trip down and get them. Pay GST only coming back. Again, no brokerage fees.

4. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, discuss shipping options with the shipper. Most are willing to ship however you want. UPS is default for most. In talking with shippers, they have no idea how hard we get nailed for brokerage fees! Or that they even exist! If they only ship UPS, I don't buy and find another way.

5. As far as I know ( last time I checked was about 3-4 years ago) brokerage fees DO NOT APPLY to personal shipments, business only. UPS is the only one that I know, that charges them on personal shipments. You do the math!

Thanks for the read guys...and hope this helps someone.:thumbsup:

I now live in Cavan ,Ontario Just west of Peterborough by 15 min. originally from small northern Ontario,town of Maynooth, worked for GM , 38 years, have been trying this hobby for about two years on a beer budget. finding it really hard up here to find good deals on parts. Welcome fellow Canucks.

I have an buddy who lives in Cavan. He used to have a prochargered Road Runner and a dart but got out of the game for a while.
Good luck with the Coronet

Ottawa here. I'm lazy and pay the shipping. I could have my parts delivered in Ogdensburg if I wanted to drive an hour or so.

Toronto here, Down in Riverdale, just east side of the Don River.
Do a bunch of wrenching and helping if anyone is stuck.
Be glad to try and help a mopar continue on.

Hi from Hagersville On. I use a shipping depot in Niagara Falls NY. Great for Summit, Mancini racing etc. Only a few minutes from border and easy to find. $6 a box. See www.cbiusa.com. I'm looking for a clock for 67 Coronet. Got one?
Good Luck
TomH

Man that mid '70s Coronet reminds me of Roscoe P. Coltrane..bigtime...that should be done up like a Hazzard County cop car..I think its a few years of though but the grill is similar and the same body style.. :)

Man that mid '70s Coronet reminds me of Roscoe P. Coltrane..bigtime...that should be done up like a Hazzard County cop car..I think its a few years of though but the grill is similar and the same body style.. :)

London? I grew up in London. Moved to Vancouver in the 90's and never looked back.

The best part of living in London was the fact it's so close to Detroit.

Hey I live in Surrey BC. This town has more Mopars per square mile then any were in Canada. Also we have the least amount of crime in Canada. So our Mopars are safe here. ( Ya Right ) But we have handguns for sale cheap on most corners
between the hours of 11 pm to 6 am...

it is a project hoping to one day restore it and take it to shows but not making much progress

My name is Kevin Merkley from Thunder Bay Ontario and I have a 64 Dodge 440 2 door hardtop. It is a Canadian car in that it has the Plymouth Belvedere interior and instrument panel. It is one of about 1450 made in Windsor. I go to the border (30 miles away) to pick up parts that are shipped to the border store that charges $3 each package. They bring in 1000 packages per day.

Hey I live in Surrey BC. This town has more Mopars per square mile then any were in Canada. Also we have the least amount of crime in Canada. So our Mopars are safe here. ( Ya Right ) But we have handguns for sale cheap on most corners
between the hours of 11 pm to 6 am...

You just had your 23 shooting yesterday and Surrey is crime capital of BC.

Auto Transport Service
Back