• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Carrier

LR1970

Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking into moving a car from Burlington WI to Paramount CA. The quotes I am getting back are between $750 to $2800. Is there something I am missing here with the huge difference in price. Most of the quotes are $1000-1300. So, I am thinking this is around the regular price. Can anyone recommend a carrier please. I want the car to arrive, and in the same condition it leaves in.

Thank you.

Leigh

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am looking into moving a car from Burlington WI to Paramount CA. The quotes I am getting back are between $750 to $2800. Is there something I am missing here with the huge difference in price. Most of the quotes are $100-1300. So I am thinking this is around the regular price. Can anyone recommend a carrier please. I want the car to arrive, and in the same condition it leaves in.

Thank you

Leigh
Well. My gutt tells me 750 it will take weeks to get picked up and more weeks to actually get delivered.

2800 sounds about right for enclosed that distance

NY to SC cost me $800 and it was not enclosed 4 days 800 miles. That was 6 years ago. I should of got it myself but had no truck to do it.

I just used montway to have a car shipped about 1000 miles from Texas to South Dakota. Cost me$1400. This was last month.

NY to SC cost me $800 and it was not enclosed 4 days 800 miles. That was 6 years ago. I should of got it myself but had no truck to do it.
It seems to me that most services have almost doubled since then. I know the price I got quoted for a roof has.

I charged a guy $1200 to haul 2 cars 670 miles on my old open gooseneck car hauler, this was back in 2010.

...The quotes I am getting back are between $750 to $2800.... Most of the quotes are $1000-1300. So, I am thinking this is around the regular price....

Looks like you've done the work to get many quotes...pick a carrier out of one of the ones that fall somewhere in the middle.
Don't ever take the lowest, or the highest quote on anything IMO.

As mentioned above, the lower price is to get you to sign on...with a broker. After a few weeks of no updates they will call you, stating they are having trouble getting a carrier lined up, and ask you to agree to pay more so they can get a carrier to pick it up.

In my case, I said no...that I wasn't in a hurry. Mine was a non-op car going from western KS to southern MD. More weeks went by, then I started getting calls asking if I would drive 2 to 4hrs to meet a transport and haul it the rest of the way myself. Again, I said no...that we agreed on a price and that I could wait.

Month and a half after signing the contract, they get an independent contractor to agree to hauling the non- operational car, 'door to door'. A week later they are unloading it in my culdesac.

You can pay up for quick service, or hold out, save a bit of cash, and hold them to their cheaper price. We each have different circumstances.

It makes a difference in price when crossing the Rockies. I would not go low bid if you value the car.

This is comical, your prices form a few years ago don’t matter. Have you bought fuel lately? It’s gone up folks!

Thank you to everyone who gave some advice. I think I will go Montway or Sherpa Auto Transport, they both have the best rating and reviews.

Thank you to everyone who gave some advice. I think I will go Montway or Sherpa Auto Transport, they both have the best rating and reviews.
please lets us know how it went. This will help others.

Auto Transport Service
Back