• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car is back from the resto shop-engine in-video

hemidart1

Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
My car came home today with it's new motor. I think it sounds pretty tough.

[video=youtube;j-bTbBZPR1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-bTbBZPR1o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

here is a shot of the engine
IMG_1440_zpsa23b431d.jpg

I had the motor built and new everything from the plug wires to the carb to the TTi headers to the rad etc. I also had them do a disk brake conversion and rebuild all the suspension.
I am super happy. Just need the snow to melt!

Is that a 273 ? I had one and I realy liked that motor !!

no-360 cloned to look like a 273 Commando. I wanted a "what if" combo. what if you could get a 273 Commando in a B body. Racers did transplant them (Koffel) but the factory never bothered to give you that option.

Eather way with the 273 dressing it looks COOL !!
Nice job Bro !

You are right it does sound tough, was expecting a big block! Nice clean install/car.

it's a reman 360 that has a simple 3 angle valve job. So everything in the motor is new. In it is a Hughes Whiplash cam, a nice adjustable valvetrain, '68 340 intake, Edelbrock 650 thunder series carb, TTi headers.

Sounds great mate and I love the Commando look - the best of both worlds there! What mufflers are you running?

I am running the Dynomax Super Turbos that came with the TTi system. I have heard some negative things about the drone at highway speed-but I haven't taken it out yet so I will have to wait and see.

I started a "what mufflers should I get?" thread here, and those mufflers got big approval from most, saying they are pretty quiet with no drone. I assume your tti system has a H or X pipe? I'll be keen to hear your opinion once you been out a bit more.

I'm doing basically the same thing to my 67 coronet... how mutch and how long did they take ?

Auto Transport Service
Back