• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb & Intake Performance

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
Have a question some might think elementary; but asking anyway as I've likely been over-thinking things. My poly 318 was rebuilt among the things a stepped up mild cam, bore .60, solid lifters, headers, five-way valve job...and an Edel 4bbl carb. I had an AFB on it before the rebuild having had to include a spacer due to the secondary port size clearance. After all done I still have the stock 318 intake though. The result with what was around or shoulda been a 70HP step up is not much change with giddy up then what it had before. The rear was changed from 3:23 to 3:55. Could the lack of a higher performance intake manifold be robbing the engine of more potential? Or other tidbits you might think of? Thanks.

Talk to Gary Pavlovich. He's the "poly professor".
Mike

The folks at Chrysler Power (RIP Roland Osborne) have spent considerable time and money on
the vaunted Polysphere engine. There are some performance parts developed, including an impressive
intake manifold for it. Check their stuff out:
https://cpwebstore.com/Poly

Thanks gents will do!

Auto Transport Service
Back