• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb Spacers

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a phenolic carb spacer that has a "inside" bolt hole pattern. Just looking for a 1/2" thickness for linkage clearance. I'm finding aluminum and wood with this bolt pattern but not phenolic material. Or would aluminum be ok for heat dissipation? Running Eddies.
Bolt pattern like the first pic. Not the second pic.

Attachments

• 8723.jpg
    8723.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 359
  • edl-8711_ml.jpg
    edl-8711_ml.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 255
Have you checked Summit or Jegs? Also, go with phenolic as it will not transfer the heat like aluminum.

I went to Jegs.com, typed in: 1/2" phenolic, and saw several from $18 to $55 (shoulder shrug). I'm sure you can find the same at Summit...

I'm running a phenolic morose, same bolt holes as the first picture

That's what I'm looking for, in a 1/2".
Hard to find one with both bolt hole patterns. Most only have the outer most pattern. The manifold I'm using has the smaller bolt pattern.

Found this one on Jegs made by Jamar for $55. A little pricey when I'm needing two. I was thinking the brown ones were wood but I see these are not. The ones this color made with canvas in them really get pricy. I'll keep looking for the Morose with that patteren.

Attachments

• 519-5043.jpg
    519-5043.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 187
Read an article about an engine block assembled from staked aluminum plate.It was supposed to resist heat transfer better than solid block aluminum. Might be worth a try.

Auto Transport Service
Back