• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carchaeology: Barn Find 1969 Dodge Charger R/T Inspection

Cool video, I got excited with them, as I watched the events unfold, LOL!!
So another Charger R/T maybe coming back from its slumber!!!

You should be taken out & shot to let a car like that fall into that condition. Glad it got saved.

You'd need a bath in bleach after cleaning out all that ****...

the car looks very nice and complete, the rust is pretty much standard guess the previous owner sold mufflers I've never seen a car with such amount big mouse ****.

Hard to believe these vehicles are still turning up.

I installed those same shorty Thrush mufflers on my parent's new '71 Road Runner. Spectator at Fremont Raceway said he could hear the exhaust when I was running alongside a vehicle with open headers. On the freeway at a 3000 rpm cruise (70 MPH) they were actually quiet, but at full throttle a whole different story. Friend who purchased the 'runner got nailed with a noise ticket right away and put the stock mufflers back on (I never got caught in two years of driving it almost every day).

They never said, or I never heard, how much they were asking for the car. Anyone Know? Just curious as I have enough projects waiting in the wings.

If you go to their website there is a five minute video of an original red '71 Hemi Challenger they recently picked up with three fender tags.

Hunta virus anyone? :)
Pretty awesome find for sure, thanks for sharing the video.
Another one that's just amazing to me is the '69 Charger 500 that Nick is restoring right now
(Nick's Garage on YT). It's had one owner and has sat for over 40 years!
The car is from Ontario, California if I recall correctly.
They saw what Nick did with his own Challenger (what he calls his "Kowalski") and wants him
to do the same sort of thing to the 500, so over the next year, he's on it.
Quite the responsibility, especially for someone not specifically in the restoration biz.

i would rather watch 1 episode of Nicks garage show then a 100 episodes of graveyard carz.
quality versus quantity.

They never said, or I never heard, how much they were asking for the car. Anyone Know? Just curious as I have enough projects waiting in the wings.
If your interested, he is taking offers on this car as well as the Charger 500. The others are already sold. You can get in contact with him through his page (Carchaelogy) or through his Instagram "bugnbox" I do know he has offers around the $20K mark on the Charger R/T.

Cool video, I got excited with them, as I watched the events unfold, LOL!!
So another Charger R/T maybe coming back from its slumber!!!
I was one of the guys "lucky" enough to be digging through this car and the others, It was very exciting!

If your interested, he is taking offers on this car as well as the Charger 500. The others are already sold. You can get in contact with him through his page (Carchaelogy) or through his Instagram "bugnbox" I do know he has offers around the $20K mark on the Charger R/T.

He already has offers around the $20K mark for that ? WOW !

i would rather watch 1 episode of Nicks garage show then a 100 episodes of graveyard carz.
quality versus quantity.

I like Nick's garage as well ?
That said....
I wish he'd skip the Engine stuff because sometimes I cringe at the mis-information.... he's just NOT that knowledgeable around engines ?
NOT surprising because they don't machine anything there, they don't know how.... all they do is ASSEMBLE an Engine which any monkey can do.... therein being the difference between an Engine ASSEMBLER and an Engine BUILDER.... one knows how to Machine AND Modify parts for a given purpose.... the other can screw stuff together.

Case in point.....
yabber'in on around doing an engine for customers Car and the guys wants to use couple hundred shot of Nitrous...so of course they'll be putting some Forged SRP Pistons in it for the guy?
Say WTF ?
SRP Pistons are typically 4032 Alloy.... and NOT Reccommended for anything but very very light "maybe" a 100 shot of giggle juice at most ?
So I very politely contacted Nick..... and informed him of the differences in Forged Pistons between 4032 and 2618 Alloys regarding Nitrous applications.... which he responded he would have to "check into that" ?
DUH ?

Most, if not all of Nick's experience is from doing (like us), not formal training or studying metallurgy or anything like that.

Auto Transport Service
Back