• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle 2020

My vendor paperwork arrived yesterday. We will be downsizing by at least 60%, so will have extra spaces if anyone should want to sublease for the weekend. Does anybody know of any cars that were selected to be in buildings T or Y? By this time, those owners have been notified of the selection. I only know of one owner and he has pulled his car due to the restrictions and possible issues with the event. I looked at the Carlisle Events site to view the event guide, but could not find it. I guess that they are pushing the publication and printing back as late as possible to see what may happen.

The injunction has to be heard and a decision reached by the 29th of June by the court system as what I have read. So with those time frames, the Spring and Chrevolet events could go on as planned. From our view, the state is attempting to set a precedence so that other similar events cannot go out and schedule similar activities. If the courts should rule in favor of Carlisle Events, then other venues will be wanting to be open as well as outdoor sporting events, concerts, etc.

For what would have been most probably the largest Mopar / Carlisle event to ever happen, I am afraid that it will be far below expectations. With all of the unknowns, people will not drive three plus hours one way to find the gates locked. Almost all of the larger vendors have decided to skip the event this year.

All that we can do at this time is wait and see how things play out and hope that 2021 will make 2020 only a bad memory.

Have my hotel reservations and just ordered my tickets for the July show. I refuse to be a lemming!!!!!!!

Judge has continued the case to Friday over some legal issue with Carlisle's lawyer as there had been some work done with the state. So she is allowing Carlisle to get new counsel and continue in the AM. On the plus side, she didn't much like the State's reason for wanting to stop the show or limit the total number of people in the fairgrounds at 250. Hope she rules in Carlisle's favor.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...mpose-covid-19-caps-on-carlisle-car-show.html

I was planning on calling my hotel on Monday to ask about any protocol they will have in place due to the virus. Well they beat me to it, they emailed me today, they're closed, at least through July. They offered to put me up at either of their two sister hotels for the same price just down the street. I just google earthed them, as I thought. No trailer parking. Between this and the lawsuit BS I may just throw in the towel on the show this year.

So make sure you call sooner than later to check on your reservations.

Yep, talked to guys in our group and they said if you gotta wear a mask, "We aint goin". So looks like we're blowin this one off. Always look forward to this event.

Wow, you guys are throwing in the towel pretty quick.

I’m headed up tomorrow. I’ll be shocked if anyone’s really wearing masks once their in.

I've heard you have to wear a mask while entering & what you do after that is your business I guess just play the game for 5 minutes.

Hello Club:

I am new and would like to attend this year with the gang and plan on driving 368 miles down from MA with my '71 road runner 383 4spd 3:91 sure grip. How do I register for a space with the club and will it be under a cover (tent) or should I bring a shade canopy? I plan on booking a nearby hotel so will need to drive the road runner in/out each day...

Please advise what the registration process is if you're part of a club!

Thanks,

road robert

@road robert the preregistration for the event and club affiliation has already ended to my understanding as they have to mail out the paperwork to you. For your situation, you can still register at the gate on the day that you arrive. You can go to the Carlisle Events home page and possibly see if you can register online still and just pickup your paperwork once you arrive.

Book your hotel now as you do not want to wait until you arrive as spaces will be limited. Numerous lodging accommodations are still closed or at reduced occupancy levels, but with the large number of cancellations, you should be able to find a room relative close the fairgrounds.

If you plan on sitting with your car during the days at the show, a smaller "pop up tent" will help to keep the sun away. In previous years, there was so much to see, that you would likely spend very little time in one spot as you would never be able to see everything. Unfortunately, this year will be a poor representation for what the show has to offer.

If you view the Carlisle Show Registration post, you will get a better ideal on what some of the guys are talking about. It will also probably be best to post your questions under that section as well. If any questions, just ask.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...tration-add-fbbo-for-club-affiliation.190277/

Unfortunately, I feel that we know no more now than what we did on Wednesday morning. With both parties coming to an agreement prior to going before the court, we are still hanging in limbo. This is not good for anyone that has or had intentions to attend the upcoming Carlisle events.

Like everything that has evolved with the virus situation, nobody wins and we are all at the mercy of others as to how things play out. I was really hoping for a definite answer one way or the other. If nothing concrete comes about and everyone is still having to working around speculation, then this will only continue to hurt the event and all of those planning on attending.

Like many legal matters, decisions between the two parties may be limited as to what can be shared with the public. Hopefully, Carlisle Events can post something later this evening or by Monday as to the future of the upcoming events and what will be the direction that they will take to go forward with the events.

I agree Richard......no one wins when its all in the limbo and quiet and secrecy just suck not knowing. Hopefully they can just come out and say hey this is how its going to go down or not happen and not dance around the rules and make everyone wait. We all know 2020 summer will suck, so dancing around and tip toeing isn't helping the situation. To me, once they never answered the health department and just went ahead with the show was when it was almost a given that they would retaliate against Carlisle events to some degree. The question remains......how much bullshit are you willing to go through to host and attend a car show/swap meet? I for one don't wanna wear a mask around in 100 degree heat, and also abide by all the distancing by the food and tents etc. and I've attended enough of them to skip a year and avoid the lower turnout and B.S. I feel like it is going to get hot out and people are gonna get pissy dealing with all that distancing crap when its 100 plus degrees in July like it almost always is. You on the other hand are in a totally different position as your lively hood revolves around the shows and turnout which I totally get. Seems the more they tip toe and wait, the more it hurts the crowd and turnout as people who are uncertain seem to shy away and decide it isn't worth the risk to drive there just to have it shut down or cancelled. I hope everything works out so that both parties can host the show and you can make some cash or break even and not haul all that **** up for a loss.
:thumbsup:

I am really looking forward to Carlisle. More importantly I, like a lot of people, going threw this virus, NEED to get out of my house and have a good time. LOL!!!!
Hopefully all goes as smoothly as can be expected, and everyone has a blast with no one getting sick/hurt.

Yeah, that statement scares me a bit. One of the news agencies here said the state dropped the case. Either way it’s not over IMO. I saw there was something in this article about 50% capacity? Where?

I was a Carlisle today and there are no mask police. Anywhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back