• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle, 2023

Question how long does it take for them to send your package in the mail I registered my car in January have not received anything yet but whole lot emails.

Same question as the OP; I've been to Carlisle many times but this is first time with a trailer. I always drove up to Carlisle in whatever I was putting in the show; but that's no longer an option. LOL.

I reserved a space to park the trailer.

We're staying in a house just north of Carlisle.

My main question; never asked, never tried; can I just leave the car on the show field all weekend? I know most leave every day but never really noticed who doesnt;

My thought was leave my car on the show field drop the trailer in the space I rented; drive the truck back and forth at night;

Doesn't matter, I could drive the car back and forth just the same, leave truck and trailer parked in the rental spot. I'd rather leave the car on the field though.

Same question as the OP; I've been to Carlisle many times but this is first time with a trailer. I always drove up to Carlisle in whatever I was putting in the show; but that's no longer an option. LOL.

My main question; never asked, never tried; can I just leave the car on the show field all weekend? I know most leave every day but never really noticed who doesnt;

My thought was leave my car on the show field drop the trailer in the space I rented; drive the truck back and forth at night;

Doesn't matter, I could drive the car back and forth just the same, leave truck and trailer parked in the rental spot. I'd rather leave the car on the field though.
Yes you can park your car at the show and commute with another vehicle. I did it 2 years ago I registered my truck as well on the showfield mainly just for the parking spot

You can leave your car on the field all weekend yes, I know of a couple people that did it and my stepdad did once included

Yes you can park your car at the show and commute with another vehicle. I did it 2 years ago I registered my truck as well on the showfield mainly just for the parking spot

Cool. Thank you. I may still drive the car to the house anyway, some cool mountain roads up there. Not really wanting to drive it all over all weekend though after the show each day.

You can leave your car on the field all weekend yes, I know of a couple people that did it and my stepdad did once included
What doesn't make sense is that they don't want you to leave any tents at your show spot, even if it's staked and the canopy removed leaving just the frame. Never had a problem doing that for many years.

What doesn't make sense is that they don't want you to leave any tents at your show spot, even if it's staked and the canopy removed leaving just the frame. Never had a problem doing that for many years.

Might be the storms LOL.

I've been to several Carlisles over the years where we had to nix the tent during the show because of severe storms.

All my years going otherwise we packed up the canopy every night and setup next morning.

Thanks for asking that question I am new to Carlisle to 1st time there with a car I was hoping I could just leave the car there now I know. The question I have is with my trailer parked at the trailer spot can I just park my truck there each day of the event?

Have a friend of a friend who parks his rig for the entire show after unloading. (has a PT cruiser custom that isn't street legal), I shuttle him from the show field with the GTX.

Hopefully you and I both will hear something from Carlisle then regarding the building displays, although you definitely got a way better chance at getting in than we do. I put in for the high school Mopar display too for my stepdads QQ1 Blue '68 Sport Fury, but I too have not heard back yet
The Demonstrator didn't make the cut for the high school Mopar display. So the good news for the tent is that it's now pre-registered for the show field under fbbo. Congrats on the Fury getting in!

The Demonstrator didn't make the cut for the high school Mopar display. So the good news for the tent is that it's now pre-registered for the show field under fbbo. Congrats on the Fury getting in!

I'm VERY surprised that your demonstrator did not get in but we did, and I'm very sorry it didn't because it looks like a show stopper from pictures you posted. I thought for sure it woulda been the opposite, and you woulda got in and we wouldn't have. Getting in was a complete surprise to me but especially my stepdad, because we both did not at all think we were going to until I got the email a couple nights ago. Not sure if you got an email that you did not get accepted, but I also put an application in for our 1973 station wagon for the 50 year 1973 display and we did not get accepted, but that is a ok I just figured I would do it as a "what the hell" type a thing. However in the email Ed wrote that he was still picking cars at midnight!!. It looks like some nice cars are gonna be on display though too this year. I'm still definitely gonna check out your car on the field as well. If you come in the building and see the car stop by and say hi if we're there. Our new to us '69 Charger will still be going as well so we have something else to drive around while we're there. Here both the cars that we will have below. Lookin forward to seein' you and everyone else in July.

68.jpg

charger bos.jpg

Is that new Steve? We always leave our tent collapsed down with the canopy on it and there were no problems.

Is that new Steve? We always leave our tent collapsed down with the canopy on it and there were no problems.
Noticed it on this year's showfield rules. I always take the canopy off to avoid it catching any gusts while I'm not there.

I'm VERY surprised that your demonstrator did not get in but we did, and I'm very sorry it didn't because it looks like a show stopper from pictures you posted. I thought for sure it woulda been the opposite, and you woulda got in and we wouldn't have. Getting in was a complete surprise to me but especially my stepdad, because we both did not at all think we were going to until I got the email a couple nights ago. Not sure if you got an email that you did not get accepted, but I also put an application in for our 1973 station wagon for the 50 year 1973 display and we did not get accepted, but that is a ok I just figured I would do it as a "what the hell" type a thing. However in the email Ed wrote that he was still picking cars at midnight!!. It looks like some nice cars are gonna be on display though too this year. I'm still definitely gonna check out your car on the field as well. If you come in the building and see the car stop by and say hi if we're there. Our new to us '69 Charger will still be going as well so we have something else to drive around while we're there. Here both the cars that we will have below. Lookin forward to seein' you and everyone else in July.
No question there were a lot of good submissions this year. I didn't get the rejection until almost midnight, per Ed B's comment about making choices late into the night. Still on standby if somebody cancels. I think the fact I didn't actually own the car until later was a draw back, rather than its curb appeal. The show field actually works better for me operationally - if I was in the indoor display, I would have had no transportation back to the hotel on Thursday night. Should be a good chance to connect on Thursday before things really take off, look forward to seeing you.

No question there were a lot of good submissions this year. I didn't get the rejection until almost midnight, per Ed B's comment about making choices late into the night. Still on standby if somebody cancels. I think the fact I didn't actually own the car until later was a draw back, rather than its curb appeal. The show field actually works better for me operationally - if I was in the indoor display, I would have had no transportation back to the hotel on Thursday night. Should be a good chance to connect on Thursday before things really take off, look forward to seeing you.
My car was also rejected. I did send Ed a message, to inquire if we, Members of the FBBO, to include FABO, FEBO, and Any other Forum members, could park around the Tent, instead of in Yr/Model area's. Waiting for the response...

My car was also rejected. I did send Ed a message, to inquire if we, Members of the FBBO, to include FABO, FEBO, and Any other Forum members, could park around the Tent, instead of in Yr/Model area's. Waiting for the response...
That would be cool.

Didn't see the typical post where the list of names are updated, but I just registered under FBBO to not miss the deadline. Unsure if I'll end up going, father-in-law is having some health issues, so I may need to stay put. But if I do go, at least I'll have good parking!

Sorry folks, I'm a bit behind the 8 ball again this year with my preparations for the Hot Rod Power Tour. I'll soon start a thread for the tent activities and preparations. Hopefully we'll have a good time again this year! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back