• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carpet install on a 73 charger

Randy73

Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Tryng to install carpet in my 73 charger, need help in 2 areas.

How high up does the carpet go, i.e. do I need to cut out around the gas pedal or does it go just below?

Anybody got any pointers on how to install the carpet where the hump meets the rear seat pan

Tryng to install carpet in my 73 charger, need help in 2 areas.

How high up does the carpet go, i.e. do I need to cut out around the gas pedal or does it go just below?

Anybody got any pointers on how to install the carpet where the hump meets the rear seat pan

what kind of carpet do you have? 1 piece / 2 piece?
I installed carpet in my 74 this spring and I believe I had to make a cut at the pedal in order for the carpet mold for the 4 speed hump to square up.

I had a 2 piece and the back half was premolded for the footwells so that was no issue. I may have had to make cuts to fit the seat latches in the rear is all.

I can certainly take some photo's tonight if that helps.

John

It is 2 pieces and the back half was not molded, thinking now I bought from the wrong place.

Was the seatbelts and seat bolt holes already there and was the carpet cut for the center console?

It is 2 pieces and the back half was not molded, thinking now I bought from the wrong place.

Was the seatbelts and seat bolt holes already there and was the carpet cut for the center console?

hmmm

No, I had to make the cuts for seat-belts, cut hole for shifter and had to do plenty of trimming on the sides.

I really cannot comment on your carpet but I'd say you will have to resort to some glue if it isn't pre-formed so that it lays tight to your floor.

Perhaps others can chime in on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back