• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars ROTTING out there! Save 'em!

At .38 in the second video, I am almost 100% certain that yard is in Dallas, Georgia. I got a friend up that way that'll know for sure.

Last edited:
At .38 in the second video, I am almost 100% certain that yard is in Dallas, Gaorgia. I got a friend up that way that'll know for sure.

Bayer Brothers maybe?They used to advertise on here but i think one of them passed away a while back.

The song in the first one works. In the second one, not so much. :eusa_think:

Sure would like to know where all those Superbirds are....

Man i know where there are hundreds of old Mopars that need saving - BUT, they are getting close to the point of no return from sitting for decades - and the damn people still want like $2500 - $5000 for the rusted hulks.. Most of them will sit until they are not even worth $300 for scrap metal....

What a waste & what a damn shame.... Somebody that's a car lover, with enough money, to bring them back, really needs to save them things, before they are all just, "dust in the wind"....

I think some or a lot of those pics are off the Cars in Barns site. That Hemi Bee pic was on there at least 5 years ago. I don't think it's an original Hemi car, if I correctly remember the description from the site.

Seems i seen the first one before but non the less sad is a good word for both.. to many going to waste whatever brand, especially MOPARS though.. Bet the Chevy guys wouldn't give us the same benefit of all a shame, they only hate Mopars more cause they know there better cars! :)

here in ky theres alot of them sitting and rotting...alot of them belonged to family members that passed away and they will not sell them no matter what..or they parked to fix and never did, but say there gonna get to it someday and they wanna keep...i know were a 68RR is a 69RR, a few 340 dusters, a few 70-77 trans ams and a GTO are, but they will never sell them and there getting to the point were the cars are pretty rough and wont be worth a thing..they moved the 68RR and started working on it a while back, the owner said he was offered 20k 10-15 yrs ago and turned it down, just to let it sit another 15 yrs..i was glad to see it getting fixed and maby be on the road again one day..most of them are parked right beside barns,,really dont understand why they didnt park them inside the barns

I know I'll catch some flack for this, but I think some people need to accept that there is a point when a car has to be hit over the head and put down, i.e., parted out and crushed, and not restored.

There are some things you just never see, and one of these is a beautiful house in a great neighborhood with a well-kept yard with half a dozen rusting Mopars in the backyard. Most times that I get a lead on guys with lots of parts, I end up at some dude's single-wide trailer with junk everywhere and blue and green tarps covering what's left of bunches of old cars. They've got a crummy house, their yard is a dump, but they've got lots of cars that are rotting out.

The guy I bought my dash cluster from lived like that and had a couple 'cuda convertibles, several roadrunners, and some older B-bodies, and he told me how he was trying to restore them. He also told me about how he had "rescued" them from being crushed or from owners who had lost interest in them. It was obvious from the dirt, leaves, and other debris on the tarps covering the cars that they hadn't been touched in months if not years. In his mind, he was going out and buying all these rust buckets to "save" them, but what he was really doing was spreading himself so thin that he was really just giving those cars a different place to die at and as a result becoming the same guy he was ranting about... the guy who always says he's going to work on the cars "someday" but never does.

It just saddens me to see so many guys ruin their lives by getting into these cars wayyyy too far over their heads. Instead of focusing on fixing up one or two cars, they think they're a poor man's Jay Leno... minus the millions of dollars, fancy garage, time to spend working on them, etc., and end up living in a trailer surrounded by weeds.

Just remember this...They All Cannot Be Saved!!!!:eusa_think: Some must Die so others can live. Just focus on your own resto project and not at what some other individual is doing within this hobby and I bet more of our rides would get the needed work done....Just my 2 cents is all....:blob1:

70 RoadRunner convertible under a ton of bird poo

Attachments

• cib70runnerragbirdengine.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 271
yup wasn`t that in cars in a barn :grin:

same 70RR

Attachments

• cib70runnerragbird.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 264
Well said! How many 80%+ cars have to go unfinished because some sentimental fool wants to keep a rusted out but rare ride from the scrap heap, even though he'll never be able to find the time or resources to restore it?

i was looking for the lay out of the running bird on a 70 RR and ran across these 2 pics..

Well said! How many 80%+ cars have to go unfinished because some sentimental fool wants to keep a rusted out but rare ride from the scrap heap, even though he'll never be able to find the time or resources to restore it?

ya some have to end up being parts cars...not all are worth saving when they get really bad..but parts from them could help others finish there cars and bring life back in them

I know I'll catch some flack for this, but I think some people need to accept that there is a point when a car has to be hit over the head and put down, i.e., parted out and crushed, and not restored.

There are some things you just never see, and one of these is a beautiful house in a great neighborhood with a well-kept yard with half a dozen rusting Mopars in the backyard. Most times that I get a lead on guys with lots of parts, I end up at some dude's single-wide trailer with junk everywhere and blue and green tarps covering what's left of bunches of old cars. They've got a crummy house, their yard is a dump, but they've got lots of cars that are rotting out.

The guy I bought my dash cluster from lived like that and had a couple 'cuda convertibles, several roadrunners, and some older B-bodies, and he told me how he was trying to restore them. He also told me about how he had "rescued" them from being crushed or from owners who had lost interest in them. It was obvious from the dirt, leaves, and other debris on the tarps covering the cars that they hadn't been touched in months if not years. In his mind, he was going out and buying all these rust buckets to "save" them, but what he was really doing was spreading himself so thin that he was really just giving those cars a different place to die at and as a result becoming the same guy he was ranting about... the guy who always says he's going to work on the cars "someday" but never does.

It just saddens me to see so many guys ruin their lives by getting into these cars wayyyy too far over their heads. Instead of focusing on fixing up one or two cars, they think they're a poor man's Jay Leno... minus the millions of dollars, fancy garage, time to spend working on them, etc., and end up living in a trailer surrounded by weeds.
It's the hoarder mentality, pure and simple. You see it all the time. People will be living in a crappy doublewide surrounded by acres of rotting junk. They think that they will be better off if they just had more stuff. Most of the time, if you talk to them, they think everything they have is golden and they won't even consider selling any of it. Sad.

Auto Transport Service
Back