• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN 2014 Update

Bashton

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
I know for many of us, it is hard to even imagine making it through this crazy weather, but before you know it, we will be out enjoying our cars and then getting ready for the 2014 edition of the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show, November 22-23.

With that being said, I wanted to let everyone know about the various Invitational and Special displays we have confirmed for 2014. We have played host to some outstanding Mopars over the years and in 2013, we played host to well over 100 Mopars from 1957-2013 out of the 560+ cars shown, so please take a look and mark this on your calendar now!

2014 MCACN Invitational displays will include;

Chrysler 426 HEMI; a 50th Anniversary Salute; No one can dispute the impact the 426 Hemi has had on our hobby. Introduced as a factory option from 1964-1971, you will see some of the finest and most unusual factory built 64-71 Hemi cars ever gathered under one roof.

Class of 1964, 50th Anniversary display; featuring the birth of the Chrysler Hemi. This group will acknowledge and showcase cars from the model year 1964, a year that saw the introduction of many milestone cars and high performance drive-trains. Also featured is a very special group of R-code 427 Galaxy convertibles.

Class of ’69, 45th Anniversary display; To many the year 1969 is their favorite, with the 69.5 440+6 Mopars, the ZL1 and COPO 427 Camaros and Corvettes, the Boss 302 and 429’s and more. See the hottest offerings from the Big 3 in this one.

Color My World; Featuring the outrageous colors of the late 60’s and early 70’s. Who hasn’t stopped in their tracks when a Panther Pink, Hugger Orange or Grabber Green muscle car is spotted? Dodge and Plymouth may be the most recognized, with their wild colors and outrageous names, but all of the manufacturers jumped in on this short lived period. I know we can expect some outstanding Mopars in this one! Bring 'em on...

Ford Cobra Jet Invitational; Featuring the Cathouse, showcasing 428 Cobra Jet powered convertible Mercury Cougars. You will see a variety of Ford and Mercury 428 Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet powered muscle machines.

Buick GSX Invitational; Buick was known as the gentleman’s muscle car, but in 1970 they broke out of their shell with the wild Saturn Yellow and Apollo White spoilered GSX. The standard 455 cubic inch engine and a long list of performance options established the GSX as a force to be reckoned with. The GSX would continue for ’71 and ’72, with a handful made in a wide variety of colors. Prime examples from 1970-72 will be featured.

Plastic Fantastic; In this special display, vintage drag cars will be featured, including Devins, Funny Cars and select Corvettes, all with real vintage history. No “clones” or “tributes” just the real thing, and expect to see some incredible Hemi powered beasts from the Clark Rand Collection.

REAL Pace Cars, Presented by the Sloan Museum Auto Fair; Of course, we all recognize Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars, but in this display the MCACN team kicks things up a notch, showcasing the actual cars that led the race, not just the dealer sold replicas. Not limited to Indy Pace Cars, you will see a variety of Official Pace Cars from various races. Hint; think 1971!

SPECIAL DISPLAYS;

Corvette Central Triple Diamond Corvette display and competition; One of our finest features and a MCACN exclusive. The Triple Diamond display and competition is reserved for the finest original, and restored to original, Corvettes from 1953-1996. To qualify, contenders must have already achieved both NCRS Top Flight certification and Bloomington Gold status within the past five years.

Vintage Certification & Heritage Collection, Presented by American Performance, LLC; Our Vintage Certification area is one of the fastest growing and most popular features of our show. Promoting Preservation instead of Restoration, our team of nationally acknowledged marquee experts pore over select original unrestored muscle cars and Corvettes, chronicling build techniques and much more.

Barn Finds & Hidden Gems, Hosted by the Automotive Archeologist, Ryan Brutt; Back by popular demand with a whole new group of unexpected cars that have been under the radar or hidden away. Over twenty rare muscle machines and drag cars that you may have forgotten about will be on display. First car signed up for 2014; an M-code Super Bee coming in from Texas!
Pontiac GTO 50th Anniversary Collection; This special gathering will showcase one or two of each year of the highest performance GTO’s from 1964-1974.

Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Collection; This special gathering will feature only the highest performance offerings of America’s original Pony Cars from the years 1964-1971. K-codes, Boss’s, Mach 1’s, Cobra Jet’s and SCJ’s will be featured.

Chevrolet L89 Showcase; Most of us know all about Chevy’s hot 396/375 horsepower L78, but did you know they also offered an aluminum head version? This very special gathering will feature only real highly documented examples of Chevrolet’s hottest 396 powered muscle machines and Corvettes.

Vintage Police Cars; In the interest of keeping things fun and interesting, this gathering will feature real Highway Patrol cars and other pursuit vehicles from the late 60’s and early 70’s. Many of the best factory muscle car parts started as Police Car parts, including many of the big block drive-trains. See why these cars were able to keep up with the muscle cars of the era.

Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race display; Proving that you can have a show worthy muscle machine and still use it for its original intended purpose, the PSMCDR gang returns with a new crop of muscle machines. You won’t believe the quality of these cars that are routinely raced!

Muscle Bikes and More; This will be our third year for this “show within a show” featuring the drag race inspired bicycles. You will see Schwinn Stingrays and Krates along with Raleigh Choppers, Ross Barracuda’s and Apollo’s and many others. This is where it all started for many of us!

As you can see, we have some cool stuff lined up and plenty for the Mopar enthusiast, and as always, if your car doesn't fit one of these displays, we do consider all high performance factory muscle in our show. Let us know what you have!

Also, we have confirmed FOUR host hotels, all offering special rates and perks for our participants and spectators, so book yours now. Direct links are on our website.

As always, we welcome your suggestions and feedback and hope to see you November 22-23, 2014 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, (greater Chicago), Illinois. email deleted by staff .. use PM tools

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Last edited by a moderator:
You're so right -- I'm long overdue for a vacation of any sort (it's been 11 years). I just wish the chain from my ankle to my workbench was a little longer. :D

If you'd like some PSC Gift Certificates to give away again, just let me know and I'll be happy to send them along. I don't know if you personally have anything to do with the printed publication that I've been getting for a few years now about the show, but it's stellar! Keep up the fine work sir.

You're so right -- I'm long overdue for a vacation of any sort (it's been 11 years). I just wish the chain from my ankle to my workbench was a little longer. :D

If you'd like some PSC Gift Certificates to give away again, just let me know and I'll be happy to send them along. I don't know if you personally have anything to do with the printed publication that I've been getting for a few years now about the show, but it's stellar! Keep up the fine work sir.

Would be honored to take you up on your offer.

Thanks for the kind words on our magazine. That is another one of the hats I wear, as I write and produce it, although I do have my graphics guy do the hard stuff! It looks like I may have to expand to larger than 64 pages this year too, as we already have so much to talk about...

If anyone would like a FREE copy of the MCACN magazine, please sign up here; http://www.mcacn.com/carshowmagazine.htm

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Looking for some specific colors for our "Color My World" Invitational display, so if you own a prime factory stock example and would like to be a part of one of our coolest MCACN special displays ever, please let me know. [email protected]

Specifically looking for Bahama Yellow/Butterscotch, GreenGo/Sassy Grass, GoMango, Bright Green Metallic, Rallye Green/Bright Green, Petty Blue/Basin Street Blue and several others.

We have prime examples of Plum Crazy/In Violet, Panther Pink/Moulan Rouge, Rally Red, Limelight/Sublime and Citron Yella/Curious Yellow signed up already, but I will consider others and also weird or unusual combinations of non High Impact colors.

Let me know what you have!

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Thanks to all who joined us this year, whether you were a participant or a spectator. We had another amazing show, and of course, the Color My World display and the Hemi 50th Anniversary Invitational were two of the highlights. Of course, the B5 '71 Hemi 'Cuda convert up front was pretty awesome too!

Please mark your calendars now for our 7th annual show, which will take place November 21-22, 2015.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

How about posting up some of the photos of the recent Nov. 2014 show here too ??

maybe it might get some more interest & responses...

Auto Transport Service
Back