• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars You Once Had And Miss But Not A Mopar

The best answer I can come up with is a Mitsubishi, but it was "badged" a Chrysler Conquest Tsi...so although Mitsubishi built it, Chrysler badged it, but that's the best I can do.
I really wanted a Chrysler Conquest back in 1990. I tried selling off everything I owned and considered moonlighting to get one. Test drove the dealers demo 10 times before I settled for it's close (cheaper) cousin, a Plymouth Laser (USA made by Diamond Star Motors).

1988 Audi90 Quattro

It was particularly great in the snow.

We bought a 71' Olds when the car was six months old. It wasn't a supercar just a nice driving car. When it was eight years old and 65k on the speedo rust had taken it's toll on the trunk floor and tail pan so we sold it. This picture isn't of mine but the same color and model. Today, there are lots of repoduction parts available on the market for these cars.

View attachment 551565

That's a beauty love the Cutlass models

My 1968 Chevrolet Malibu Convertible

It's last engine was a 383 stroker with AFR heads and 517 hp .
It did 12.90 all day on street tires , never overheated and was a blast to drive .
Had that one for 17 years . Miss it sometimes it was loud and lots of fun . Picture of my car and friends as well as the day I loaded it to be sold .
FullSizeRender (5).jpg
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG

I really wanted a Chrysler Conquest back in 1990. I tried selling off everything I owned and considered moonlighting to get one. Test drove the dealers demo 10 times before I settled for it's close (cheaper) cousin, a Plymouth Laser (USA made by Diamond Star Motors).[/QUOTE

And ya know there have been three on eBay over the years that were restored or pristine original examples of our car. As usual, the wife didn't approve. :rolleyes:

I had a 1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 2+2. Red, T-Tops, leather, adjustable suspension, 5-speed. Quiet, fast, handled great . . . should have kept it.

Also - 1976 Volvo 245 (wagon) Midnight Blue, 4-speed overdrive. I lowered it, put Ronal wheels and low-pro tires. Bilstein struts & shocks and aftermarket sway bars. Used to take it into the local mountain roads and do double the speed limits on the curves - if the limit was 45 id go 90 . . . so much fun.

Bring it home park it in the garage and say it followed me home but be prepared for a kitchen Reno after ,,,,,

One I forgot about till just mentioned above . I won't say I want it back but wouldn't mind driving it again my 1990 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo they call them fairlady z 's that thing was fast as can be but good god when they broke just light it on fire and buy another one!

Auto Transport Service
Back