• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars You Once Had And Miss But Not A Mopar

I can honestly say not 1 do I miss. I've owned a few cool old cars and trucks but every one of them just didn't do it for me, always wanted a Mopar and now that I own my dream car I'm finally content.

I had a '57 Delivery like this (not mine) w/ 327 fuelie from Corvette. Mine was orange with steel wheels + hubcaps.
image.jpg

63 Riv... I still see it around every once in a while...
27CA9D75-56F2-4813-BA4D-01B304C93C7F.jpeg

My uncle had one of those, '63 Riviera.
My cousin wrecked it. :(

No pics, but had a couple Chevys that I would like to still have..
62 Impala and 75 Monte Carlo.

yes that boss 302 did as well , never broke the same parts twice . should have bought an aar cuda , lol .
The pedals in mine came apart......TWICE! The first time they got fixed using 'genuine' Ford parts but the second time, they got fixed MY way!! They stayed together after that.

QUOTE="BeeKool, post: 910842637, member: 25601"]View attachment 551887
This is one about 75 miles from me.
Owner told me he would sell it for the right price.
After I finish my mopar, I plan on making an offer.
First thing I would do is paint it red. View attachment 551888[/QUOTE]

I can be at this one in 5 min,as for all red,don't forget the interior !:D

P9280538.JPG

All red !!

We bought a 71' Olds when the car was six months old. It wasn't a supercar just a nice driving car. When it was eight years old and 65k on the speedo rust had taken it's toll on the trunk floor and tail pan so we sold it. This picture isn't of mine but the same color and model. Today, there are lots of repoduction parts available on the market for these cars.

View attachment 551565
I had a 71 sx...kick my *** for selling that

That would have been a keeper for me. I saw only one ever factory four speed 1960. When In was in high school a friend and his cousin came over and asked if I wanted to ride around with them. The cousin had a 63' Catalina with a 393, tri-power and a four speed. As I looked it over I kept complimenting him on the car, he laughed and handed me the keys. Saying "Then you gotta drive it!" I was stunned, to say the least. We jumped in the car and he said "Now don't baby it!" I drove it but didn't thrash either. He got behind the wheel and I he scared the crap out of me with his aggressive driving. BTW: He was one of them Indiana Redneck boys, do I need to say more?

Yeah, I think about that car quite often and wish I still had it. It was pretty fast back then for a full sized car and didn't give me much trouble. I do remember it was hard on motor mounts though. it seemed like every couple of months the left motor mount would break and the engine would tip enough to lock the throttle wide open and the fan chewed up the top of the shroud. I almost rear ended a Cadillac the first time it happened. Finally had enough sense to shut off the ignition in time to get it stopped. After a few broken mounts, I drilled a hole through a new one and bolted it so it wouldn't happen again. I remember it was a one wheel wonder without a sure grip so I can't figure out how it got enough traction to break the mount in the first place.

I have owned a shitload of cars with good riddance to most but there are a few that I miss:
  • 1969 Hurst / Olds #74
  • 1932 Cadillac V-12 Sedan
  • 1934 Packard Eight Sedan
  • 1963 Buick Riviera

hurst9.jpg DSCF1661.JPG ext2.JPG DSCF7135.jpg

I've thought about it since I first read this thread. Although I've owned a considerable number of non Mopar vehicles over the years, I really can't pinpoint one I sincerely miss. I've liked many, but miss ?

I miss my wife's second car which was a 1968 Javelin. Only a six cylinder but the most rust free Javelin I've seen before or since. It got totaled about 35 years ago, or we might still have it.

Also miss my 1972 LeMans convertible. Had I known at the time that it was so rare (only 32 were built with the Endura nose option and 455 H.O.) I might not have sold it. But that was 1983 and I did make money on it...
LeMans.jpg

1966 Bonneville convertible. 389 with air and dealer-added Tri-Power. Red, white top, red leather interior. Paid $135 for it in 1976.

1968 Chevy Impala SS fastback, Marina Blue, 396 auto. Paid $700 for this through the dealer I worked at in 1977.

1966 Ford Mustang GT coupe, 289 4-speed, red/black top and Pony interior. Owned in 1976.

1950 Hudson Pacemaker coupe. My first Hudson, bought in 2000, destroyed in a tornado in May 2003. Black/grey interior.

1953 Hudson Hornet four-door, 308 Twin-H power, three-speed with overdrive, copper/cream with green interior. Heavily damaged, though still drivable, in that same tornado.

1967 GMC Suburban, USFS green/dark green interior. 327 4-bbl auto 4x2. First truck I ever fully restored. Gorgeous! Traded for...

1962 Lincoln Continental convertible. Restored car, 430 auto, power everything, all of it worked! Sold in 2000, owned two years. Light green exterior, dark green leather, white top.

1995 Ford F350 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel auto. Solid red with grey interior. Superb truck in every way! That's one I seriously regret letting go! Did everything a truck is supposed to and looked fantastic doing it!

I've owned over 800 vehicles since 1972, so I had to think about this one a bit.

My 1979 Trans Am that I bought in high school. Yellow with a big orange/red/white chicken on the hood. When I bought it, it was a 301 4bbl and was a pig. I pulled that and dropped in a proper Pontiac 400 with RA III heads. Then the 400 came out and in went a 402 BBC out of a 70 SS Chevelle. Overbuilt it for the street and became less and less fun to drive around town. 11.5 to 1 with a giant cam and 4.88 rear no front/rear sway bars, blah, blah, blah. I miss the crap out of that thing.

Found an old pic

CDAD3707-E22E-47FB-B210-199DD442FCA5.jpeg

If I had 1.....1966 'Vette 427, red roadster 2 tops....(street tires) Quarter mi 14 flat, 110mph....

:rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back