• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carter AFB help needed

Ron 73

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
I have a Carter AFB I cant seem to find a number anywhere but at the bottom left where bolt goes thru to intake. I don't think its the correct number i need to get a rebuild kit. (2909-9637SA) I imagine its the caseing number It has a black strip on front that says Carter AFB with a picture of a horse head, one on each side, I kinda need this rebuild kit quick Its an old carb and its been a good one for sure. Any help with this would be nice. Godbless, Ron...

9637 I believe is just an aftermarket 625 AFB. Should be able to get a kit at any good parts house or from Summit.

9637 I believe is just an aftermarket 625 AFB. Should be able to get a kit at any good parts house or from Summit.

Sorry it took so long are the numbers i wrote the correct ones i need? Thanks much, Godbless, Ron...

You should be able to get a kit from the 9637 number.

That is a carter competition 625 ( indicated by the 6 in second digit-2nd digit is cfm ie 4=400, 5=500 etc) , with egr provisions (3 in 3rd digit -non egr would be 2) with Ford linkage ( 7 in 4th digit-chevy would be 5, chrysler 6) any carter 4bbl rebuid kit for a 625 should work

Thanks much fellows!! Helps a lot.....

Well, I got the kit, expensive, Now all i need to do is is is do it right! Thanks again Ron...

UPDATE: Got the kit, The only parts that were the same is the ones i needed most, The float seats ect. and the plunger which was a little different but it worked fine. havent tryed to run it yet but I WILL feel better one of these days but i am wonderin if ill be verticle at the time...Thanks all, Ron.

Auto Transport Service
Back