• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Case in Point Values

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
1973 Plymouth Road Runner

I inspected this car a few weeks back before it went to the AutoMall.
My friend Not a Mopar buff ownes it.
He made a big mistake before asking me to check it out. Paid way too much. Got it from a Mopar expert salesman!!!!!!
I wanted to post this in the recent posts but could not locate the site talking about hype descriptions.
This RR is a total POS. FROM THE DESCRIPTION YOU WOULD THINK IT IS GOLD.
Every panel on the car is junk, floors doors trunk and hood rusted through numerous places, frame rust, interior is toast, engine burns and leaks oil.
He did a burn out and the car disappeared in a cloud of blue smoke, not from the tires.
I hope he can get out of it but not likely.

71 & 72 Plymouths have a homely face according to Automall? I beg to differ especially compared to a 73 front end.

I can hook you right up! What's the address and I will deliver it today! It was owned by a little old lady who drove it only to church on Sundays!

20220612_200230.jpg

My condolences to your friend on his pending $$$$ loss. Did he not see the obvious damage?

My condolences to your friend on his pending $$$$ loss. Did he not see the obvious damage?
He had blinders on and the guy gave a line of BS. I believe he is a well known Mopar guy from the Phili area. I'll see if I can get his business name.

At least the AutoMall ad seems to accurately represent it: "The body shows signs of invasive rust on nearly every panel save for the hood, trunk lid and roof." Not sure who the audience of this car would be at $20k, certainly not for parts. A numbers 440 GTX is a great thing but this needs a $100k restoration, with all that metalwork... how much of the fuselage stuff is even repro'd?

At least the AutoMall ad seems to accurately represent it: "The body shows signs of invasive rust on nearly every panel save for the hood, trunk lid and roof." Not sure who the audience of this car would be at $20k, certainly not for parts. A numbers 440 GTX is a great thing but this needs a $100k restoration, with all that metalwork... how much of the fuselage stuff is even repro'd?
Probably not much given the current climate of things and considering AMD don't have 67-72 Chevrolet/GMC truck front fenders even for such a popular application.

It is not a GTX. Where did the author come up with GTX?

Advertising parts is a hoot on fleabay too - a lot of stuff for earlier mopars is 'max wedge' - door handles, knobs, etc. Really huh? Those headlights are for a max wedge...aha...

Advertising parts is a hoot on fleabay too - a lot of stuff for earlier mopars is 'max wedge' - door handles, knobs, etc. Really huh? Those headlights are for a max wedge...aha...
Hello why are you posting this here?

Hello why are you posting this here?
Just expanding on comments where advertising things that are not exactly in the ballpark as they are purported to be

RM21U is in fact a GTX in 73.

However, 21K and all that obvious rust and bondo and rust over top of it, and dents ????????

HELL NO.

RM21U is in fact a GTX in 73.

However, 21K and all that obvious rust and bondo and rust over top of it, and dents ????????

HELL NO.
Okay...............RR decal stipe appears to have been original.

Didn’t RoadRunner and GTX all blend together at that point? At some point they were no longer different models or maybe you added a GTX ‘option’ to RoadRunner? I‘m not skilled on the 71up stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back