• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cast Hemi blocks

I’ve used both on prior builds with good results. This will be the most power I’ve put on either one when it hits the dyno this spring.
View attachment 680967
Very Nice!! Looks like you're using the Edelbrock Victor heads. What do you think of them ?
BTW, I'm looking in the 750 - 800 range and most say that at that level there would not be much of a difference between cast iron and aluminum. I do like the idea of weight savings and the potential for repair in case of an oops.

Very Nice!! Looks like you're using the Edelbrock Victor heads. What do you think of them ?
BTW, I'm looking in the 750 - 800 range and most say that at that level there would not be much of a difference between cast iron and aluminum. I do like the idea of weight savings and the potential for repair in case of an oops.
Yes, they’re Edelbrock victor heads. They’re a great head for the money. Yes, at 800hp not much power difference and weight loss is a plus. You won’t have any issues with either block at that power level. This one should make 2k with a pair of billet wheel 76s. I’d rather have a KB block, but I already had this together by the time they started becoming available.

New aluminum KB blocks are $8000
New high or low deck iron block from BullDog Performance in Tennesee are $4000 yes, they are NHRA approved and all mopar parts will fit`1-317-869-8689
Tell them that Sled City Fiberglass sent ya

Are those the blocks Muscle-Motors had? I have one of those, and an early mega-block for builds. Gonna build a couple BIG pump-gas engines.

Thanks for the info. I bought my Super stock hood scoop off of you approx 2 years ago lol. I'm really looking at the aluminum block route hard right now. KB is a bit out of my price range as I'm dealing with Canadian Pesos! Anybody had any experience with Indy or Bill Mitchell aluminum blocks?
You are in Canada and you should check with FHP For Hemis Only which is a Canadian Company and they deal with the HEMIS

New aluminum KB blocks are $8000
New high or low deck iron block from BullDog Performance in Tennesee are $4000 yes, they are NHRA approved and all mopar parts will fit`1-317-869-8689
Tell them that Sled City Fiberglass sent ya
The price for the KB block I purchased was $6850. If I remember the price goes up some after the 1st of the yr but it wasn't 8k.

I love the scoop I purchased from you. Its a great product.

The price for the KB block I purchased was $6850. If I remember the price goes up some after the 1st of the yr but it wasn't 8k.

I love the scoop I purchased from you. Its a great product.
Thanks tom for the compliment on the scoop.

2 blocks!! somehow that just does not seem fair LOL
I decided to go with a Keith Black AL block and expect it in around end of Jan. or Feb. some time.
And since we have a KB block , I need to look at better heads. Soooo, I'm looking at a complete set of Stage 5 heads with rockers etc. I refer to it as "racers creep" I started out with a complete motor and found some issues with the block that I did not like. Next thing I know I have a KB block on order and I'm looking at Stage 5 heads. I already axed the original aluminm cross ram for a Ray Barton Cross ram. I think I need help! Anyone else experience this?

Just unboxed the first one all I can say is WOW. This one is for sale PM me if interested

20181204_134656.jpg 20181204_134715.jpg 20181204_134732.jpg 20181204_135028.jpg 20181204_140942.jpg 20181204_141003.jpg 20181204_141018.jpg 20181204_141042.jpg 20181204_141143.jpg 20181204_141220.jpg

Last edited:
This one is for sale if interested PM me

There may be a new kid on the block. Bear blocks that make the Ford FE blocks and heads are already reproducing the 392 Hemi blocks to be announced soon and they are looking into the 2nd Gen Hemi and R/B and B blocks if the demand is there. Their FE products are excellent and we have built many using their blocks.

It'll go from famine to feast, then back again....the way of the hemi.

Auto Transport Service
Back