• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CC Race @ Norwalk-wet and wild

poppaj

Banned
Banned
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
We just got back from Norwalk. Car ran great until high gear clutchpack let go..plenty of rain untill Sat. afternoon then nice...poppaj

Now why is it I like your Wild Wedge so much ?? :yes: Very nice 63 indeed ! :wtg: Ron

meatmd2.jpg

It was a very sad site to see Terry Thurman's Alum. nose 64'car crash at the finish line. Glad he was OK. Bad thing is it could have been avoided, the car before him lost coolant/oil bigtime at the finish line, racing continued without a check on the track.. He hit the wet spots and it was all over....poppaj

savoy010.jpg

That's why I posted the pic of the wrecked car. It should never have been allowed to happen. I know CC was in a hurry to get races in and not cancel. They don't want to refund money.

Sloppy managment pushing things too far. Rushing makes mistakes more likely.

I heard the spotter at the end of the track did not even have a walkie talkie to the tower. I could be wrong.

A sad sight indeed :sad:. Just looking at that picture makes me sick, can't imagine if I owned it.

We were running a super comp dragster at a points meet at IRP and watched 2 super gas cars crash before they shut the track down. Before the first car crashed, we said no way were we going to make a lap when it was sprinkling.

If we knew better, how couldn't the track ? They knew too, but they try to push on as long as they can even when they know it's dangerous.

Auto Transport Service
Back