• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCW - what do you carry?

There's a gun show this weekend at the fairgrounds, last time I went I picked up a 40rd mag (super assault killer grenade launcher 50 rd per second manslaughter magazine, in liberal term) for 15 bucks. This to go on my mini 14. Hopefully I can find another steal this time around.

IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0041.JPG

Glock 17 and a 21 (.40 and .45) depending on how I'm dressed but now that we can open carry, it doesn't really matter anymore how I'm dressed. I still like to keep concealed but now it's not illegal so accidentally showing won't get ya in trouble now. The 21 is still pretty decent looking but the 17 looks like it's been to hell and back so the 17 gets the nod the majority of the time. It still shoots pretty decent even when dirty. I threw everything else into the Gulf of Mexico last time out :D
I have a glock 17 also, seems that thing will shoot in any condition, although not very aesthetically pleasing, very reliable.

Personally it is no one's business what I carry concealed. Why does anyone want to telegraph what they carry. It's about concealment and not about macho bravado now isn't it. But post away and then everyone on this forum board and the internet will now know what you do and do not carry. Just foolish IMHFO:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::usflag::usflag::usflag:...cr8crshr/Tuck

Personally it is no one's business what I carry concealed. Why does anyone want to telegraph what they carry. It's about concealment and not about macho bravado now isn't it. But post away and then everyone on this forum board and the internet will now know what you do and do not carry. Just foolish IMHFO:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::usflag::usflag::usflag:...cr8crshr/Tuck
How is this foolish? I'm fairly sure that nobody here uses their real name, and they may or may not put their real location... so what are you talking about? Afraid of police getting info about a sidearm you own/carry?.. or randoms? How would this info benefit either one? Someone would have to do a little hacking and spend some time data collecting to even remotely be able to connect the dots.. and even then they'd what, know you own a certain model pistol? So what? Reminds me of the people who hide their license plate in for-sale ads. You drive around with that info displayed all the time. I'm all for protecting your identity and info on the internet, and I get hyper-vigilance and 100% opsec.. but some things seem a little silly.

9mm XD subcompact btw.. if I was allowed to carry. IL won't issue you a concealed permit unless you get a state ID.. which they require you to surrender your out of state ID to get (effectively becoming a resident). I even called the state police and they told me point blank "you are not eligible for a concealed carry permit in the state of Illinois". Guess being a law-abiding military member with residency that happens to be out of state doesn't count for much here.

Sure it's no ones business, and if you choose not to share that's fine keep it moving to the next discussion. a lot of car enthusiasts share the same hobbys outside of cars, one being firearms. I don't think anyone is worried about someone tracking them down through an internet post. Now if you're not supposed to be in possession of a firearm for whatever reason then yes I would say it's foolish to post a picture of what you Carry illegally. Other than that I don't see how it can be considered foolish to show what you carry, just my opinion.

I am retired LASO and maintain my CCW here is California (Moscow West) always carry my Colt Defender cocked and locked, 1 Black Talon in the chamber and no jam parabellums in the clip.....don't leave home without it...don't want to get caught short...

IMG_8229.JPG

You're on the internet. You have no privacy.

I have a few pistols that I can use but I usually have my Walther PPKS with me because it's small enough to comfortably carry in a coat pocket or a small belt holster. It doesn't have the stopping power of bigger pistols but it's a lot easier to carry. Plus I got a hell of a deal on it when I bought it years ago.

Glock 32 .357 sig. (Pic isn't of mine but darn close)
image.jpeg

You're on the internet. You have no privacy.
Yes I know that. But my point is that it makes absolutely no sense what so ever to go off telling everyone what you do and do not have. Especially when it comes to firearms. I own a lot of them and I still won't divulge each and every kind or caliber. I subscribe to the less is more when it comes to telling the rest of the Internet World and others what I do and don't have. It's my choice but I will always have a concern about those that routinely spout off about their Guns!!!!cr8crshr/Tuck

Yeah, It's like telling the world that you keep all your money stuffed in your mattress, 10+K's worth. It's none of anybody's business.
I lost all my weapons in a boating accident!

& now California requires registration for each & every ammo purchase. BS Brown & His crap supported by people with no common sense. Ay Yi Yi!

A Sig Sauer .40 Cal P229
OR
A Taurus .45 Taurus MILLENNIUM PRO 145, 45 ACP
Both concealable

Taurus:

taurus_145bp.jpg
Sig.png

Sig Sauer:
Sig.png

Being from Canada, I have only one question Why?

WHY NOT?
It's in our Constitution
It's not a crime to Carry concealed
If you don't "get it", you wont "get It"
It's an Ideology

And, it is proven that in the States with Carry or Open Carry (Not CA, cuz it is not State Wide) but States like AZ or Texas, there is less crime
Heck, In Arizona, it is illegal if you Conceal!
It must be open carry !

Yes I know that. But my point is that it makes absolutely no sense what so ever to go off telling everyone what you do and do not have. Especially when it comes to firearms. I own a lot of them and I still won't divulge each and every kind or caliber. I subscribe to the less is more when it comes to telling the rest of the Internet World and others what I do and don't have. It's my choice but I will always have a concern about those that routinely spout off about their Guns!!!!cr8crshr/Tuck

Uh, I suppose it was like street Racing back in the day?
What's under your hood?
Gee, it's not like I'm asking how big your Penis is....

All my Buds that carry, we always share, talk about the ones we like the most.
Some of my Buds are Spec Ops retired (2 guys, one is a TACP and the other was a Ranger )
Another is a recently retired LA County Sherriff
-He's always handing me a better holster etc...
Just saying

& now California requires registration for each & every ammo purchase. BS Brown & His crap supported by people with no common sense. Ay Yi Yi!
That's why my brother and I are outta here, no freedom!
It's one thing to tell your bud's in person, Ski. It's another to tell the whole world about it.

Auto Transport Service
Back