• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDB oil for arthritis ?

I had been dealing with the Hyper Thyroid issues since 03 and it was probably showing signs years before. Auto Immune stuff causes all sorts of things. Arthritis, Lupus, Thyroid and it goes on. You seem to get sick at the drop of a hat, at least I did. Was taking meds to slow it down, which worked as a bandaid. The Endocrinologists I was seeing at the time wanted to hit me with radioactive iodine. Told them no thanks. One jerk said if I wasn't going to do it, he would no longer see me. All of them liked to say how safe it was for a treatment. If its so safe, why are you hiding behind a lead shielded wall? I had been reading up on RI and side effects that happen down the road. Issues like bone disease from being nuked. Once I knew it was an issue with the AI system, I asked one doc what he would do dealing with that as its part of his specialty. He just shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. I was seeing a naturopath at the time and she clued me in that AI problems can stem from a food allergy like Gluten, Sugar, Dairy and others. I figured I would try it to see what happened if I played off things. Turns out gluten and sugar are my biggest enemies. Again it took a month or more of having none then trying something like pizza and beer. Didn't feel too chipper after slipping off. So I eliminated them and felt better. Thyroid issue was great for awhile, no more bloody noses at the drop of a hat or exhaust port problems[ aka, poop shoot]. The thyroid came back after a couple of years, 5th time now, so then I got hooked up with an ENT. He was not a fan of RI and only cut them out. All gone now. I have had added gluten and sugar back in, love beer and bread, but have it knowing there is a price to pay. With both, its joint pain and stiffness, sugar can give me raging headaches. So what this long winded drivel is about is that the source of your joint pain may be a food allergy that doesn't show up like you think it would.

Lots of interesting information here as I deal with more pain. I’ve injured myself countless times over the decades resulting in a partial neck fusion, laminectomy, hernia surgery, among a few other things. Still was always able to bounce back with occasional pain – but – lately oly chit. Did some projects couple weeks ago and have been hurting like crazy since; especially my neck and hands. Latter is pretty much a new ordeal and drives me nuts with all the handy work I do. Going to have to try out CBD or Turmeric.

I tried some CBD oil once. I was not impressed, but to be fair I do not know if what I bought was anything more than mineral oil in a brown bottle. I also was trying it for restless leg syndrome. I have been doing some research in to it again for arthritis pain.
After reading this thread I think I might have to try some of that Turmeric

What I've found locally with the topical is everybody has there own recipe. I had to try a few to find the one that works for me. They all sell or give away small samples for very little money. They are all are definitely different.

Looked up info on possible side effects of Turmeric; there’s some effects to be aware of for people on medications, notably heart meds – blood thinners. My hassle is I have occasional acid reflux that’s another thing to be aware of with this. Could be these are rare side effects as it’s obvious here people have found this stuff helpful.

Both myself and my gf started turmeric at the same time. She stopped taking it because of acid reflux. I never experienced any. I'm on a handful of meds, one of them being a low dose aspirin (blood thinner). I haven't had any issues and my I checked with my doc and pharmacist to see if adding the turmeric was ok and was given the green light. Your results may vary but remember it takes 1-2 months of usage to notice a difference in the pain.

Lots of interesting information here as I deal with more pain. I’ve injured myself countless times over the decades resulting in a partial neck fusion, laminectomy, hernia surgery, among a few other things. Still was always able to bounce back with occasional pain – but – lately oly chit. Did some projects couple weeks ago and have been hurting like crazy since; especially my neck and hands. Latter is pretty much a new ordeal and drives me nuts with all the handy work I do. Going to have to try out CBD or Turmeric.

I use it for the same reason... it works good but its only temporary and can be reapplied often!

Great discussion here. Yes CBD is not a cure for anything, cannabinoids work with a ton of different receptors in the brain, broad spectrum so the effect can vary. CBD started becoming more prevalent with its off label use for epilepsy in children (Charlotte's web is one of the early high grade products with low THC and high CBD so the kids could take without the THC high). I've also used the turmeric/black pepper combo as a tea for inflammation and it worked pretty well for me when I wrenched my knee, torn MCL. Ymmv of course!

Went for my annual check up yesterday. Internal organs are all good.Joints are another story.
Doc said "What you do when you are young starts to haunt you when you grow old."
I'LL SAY !

I am not a fan of taking a medication that is more hazardous than what you are trying to minimize/make disappear.

Sir..... marijuana and or CBD has never hurt or killed anyone "EVER"... other being robbed at gun point!

Please dont knock it if you haven't tried it..... or understand it fully.

Lots of good information on it to educate anyone who thinks he or she has all the answers.

Getting well informed from what it really is and or is not hearsay.

I carry a Medical Marijuana card at 77 to keep my sever arthritic pains in check.

I do not get high...... dont want to get high.

It really does work but only temporarily......... and can be reapplied again when the pain becomes unbearable.

its not snake oil sir.
"Sir",
My post was meant to poke fun to the post immediately before it, wherein THEY referred to "snake oil", nothing else -
but if your tangible supporting data for using something consists of "has never hurt or killed anyone"....
well, dirt out of the front yard qualifies for that... :lol:

Hey, if getting whipped with wet noodles works for ya, I say more power to ya.
Whatever works for you.
Me - who's had a lot more than my fair share of dances with the devil medically the last dozen years or so (and
carries as full a "pain bucket" as any other living soul) - understands the desire to get relief, trust me.

On this particular matter, however - it appears you assumed much about me, but wound up knowing little.

Auto Transport Service
Back