• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Charger72 I didn't know that Nigel was a AMD distributor.
I'm in need of a rear glass for mine - I'll have to give them boys a call.

Charger72 I didn't know that Nigel was a AMD distributor.
I'm in need of a rear glass for mine - I'll have to give them boys a call.
Yep, skip the border BS and let Nigel deal with it. I dropped 16K there on AMD sheet metal and picked it up and took it to the body shop myself. That way any damage in shipping is Nigel's issue, not yours. Just don't buy an AMD '68/69/70 backglass as they aren't shaped correctly, Nigel took that $620 gem back thankfully...

Just got back my Power Steering box from Firm Feel.

Went with the Stage III build

Got it back as they promised in just under 3 months.

51841375735_3fd9eda046_c.jpg

Realized I probably still have the original Pitman arm (2835878), I see that Summit has the Proforged pitman arms, I may pick up one from them.

51841517920_d9db0347de_c.jpg

Turning my attention to the dreaded LCA's, I bought the Greasable Control Arm Pivot Shafts from PST.

I'm contemplating leaving the original bushing sleeve in the LCA, looks like the Pivot Arm will fit in snug.

Or I guess I could get the chisel and hammer out and remove the old sleeve. Not sure.
51862182809_7478a375bb_z.jpg

They did the one in my 71 Road runner. Fantastic job!

I have been reading through your thread and your 3rd gen Charger is really looking sweet. You’ll be cruising around soon and putting smiles on lots of faces. Awesome work :thumbsup:
:xscuseless:
:thankyou: :luvplace: :steering::moparsmiley::moparsmiley::moparsmiley:

9EB6A1BD-5F92-4D88-A069-9B09DD820F17.jpeg A965AC07-9427-4D39-93F9-3B8E83A8FCB3.jpeg 2FF591E8-FCE3-40E9-AE58-4A594E9F5DA0.jpeg 7022D316-7EBA-4A5D-9896-C52A8E4103D7.jpeg 63A8F6B0-F82D-4A95-8EE1-17E6E6011795.jpeg

Getting ready to send my 26" radiator off to Glen-ray Radiators.

View attachment 1244292
Is there not an old Radiator shop around Oakville/Milton to save a lot of shipping and expense? Any old geezer in the know can put a new core in that for you. Our local one door shop, now run by the "kid" (39) that went to school with my Son, has his old man come in to do vintage rads old school. All while the kid makes a fortune selling high production stuff from the old shop office, stored in two 7500 square ft warehouses in town full of product and a warehouse on the US/Mexico border as well. Took grandpa's Rad shop to a whole new level... but at least for now still caters to us car nuts.

Thanks a lot 64fury74charger, appreciate the kind words. Been following you as well, love the wheels the paint (believe it's partial wrap?)and overall theme.

Hey Wayne, not any oprions that I can see around my ways. I still have old receipts from the late 80's when I had the rad redone, had an alternator rebuilt, carb, etc. These places and ppl just don't seem to exist any longer. Had my bumpers re-chromed locally back in the day, went to a spring shop and had an extra leaf added to each side. Places had ppl that were knowledgeable, I've been out of the game since the car has been off the road in '92. I used to take the car to Phil Strudwick Race Cars, he did a lot of work on my car.

I'm dreading having to take the car in for an alignment, lol. Plus I don't trust ppl to do good work these days, or even get a take out order correct. I figure this is the one and only "classic" car I will have so I don't mind throwing some extra money at it. :thumbsup:

Turning my attention to the dreaded LCA's, I bought the Greasable Control Arm Pivot Shafts from PST.

I'm contemplating leaving the original bushing sleeve in the LCA, looks like the Pivot Arm will fit in snug.

Or I guess I could get the chisel and hammer out and remove the old sleeve. Not sure.
View attachment 1235549
I just did the weld in a washer and press out the sleeve trick this past weekend. too bad your LCA's look so nice, welding in the washer would wreck the paint.

LCA.jpg

-- Unfortunately no welding equipment available to me.

-- Glad you were happy with the work from FF.

Just waiting on the bump stops from Bill Rollick.

51900917652_8ba7f1d5e9_z.jpg

Got the Graphic Express 1971 Dodge Charger R/T Hood Blackout with no "R/T name" Blackout hood decal. It does NOT have the cutout for the Ramcharger hood door.

I did paint the inner lip of where the hood door sits with SEM Black paint. I know in some cases it's body colour but I preferred to black it out.

I layed the decal over the hood and cut out the centre section with a razor blade and actually used the excess of the cut out to cover the painted inner lip of the door.

Also painted the hood door with SEMs. It went on fairly easier, did have a couple of bubbles that i was able to work out, I do have one wrinkle after messing around with it a bit too much

I just eyeballed the installation, didn't use any tape as a guide; maybe I should have? Oh well.

51985067204_34f00a540b_z.jpg

51985067964_7c68e1c62e_z.jpg

Some things you just have to jump in and learn. We've all had the first time.

Auto Transport Service
Back