• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Funny eh? Not. That seems to happen a lot in our hobby. More good money after bad money. Been there done that. More times than I care to mention. Good luck finding the correct ones.

Thanks guys, I guess I should have test fitted them, lesson learned. I have some want ads out and am scour eBay again. Can't imagine some of the issues you have run into Wayne with your fleet.

There was a thread on here a few months ago about opening the box and checking out your parts when you get them. I had a few surprises after opening the box. I have a shelf in my "parts room" where I keep those parts and who they were from. Yeah, Wayne certainly has his hands full

Yeah, Wayne certainly has his hands full
Yes...yes I do! LOL
20231110_193941.jpg

Well... was finishing up the interior and went to install my "new" white upper door panels and what do you know they don't fit.

After researching I have found out that 73/74 panels look the same but are not as tall as the 71/72.

Unfortunately the eBay seller listed them as 72's. Now the hunt is on for the correct panels.

View attachment 1557570]
Damn! That just sucks. I've learned that hard lesson multiple times. I always check fitment and condition when I order stuff right away. Hood luck, sell them here. Confirmed they fit a 73 74!

Damn! That just sucks. I've learned that hard lesson multiple times. I always check fitment and condition when I order stuff right away. Hood luck, sell them here. Confirmed they fit a 73 74!
Guess I was just so excited to find such nice panels at a decent price; always thought the upper door panels were the same from 71-74 like the lowers.
Like you say I have a nice set to sell at some point.

Alan, I have a pair of white upper panels, but it looks like they are not quite the same style as the ones you have.
They will need freshened up tho.
Interior panels.jpg

Alan, I have a pair of white upper panels, but it looks like they are not quite the same style as the ones you have.
They will need freshened up tho.
View attachment 1592732
Thank you, yes, the Brougham are styled differently, I will hold off to see if I can find a set. May dye (SEMs) a pair that I have that are a bit rough.

Auto Transport Service
Back